“Decent food for a decent price”

Don's Seafood Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Local Favorite Since 1973. Located in the Heart of Downtown Chincoteague. Oysters & Clams on the Half-Shell. Great place for Family Gatherings, Parties,& Meetings
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Don's is a good place for decent seafood for a fair price. I got the crab cake dinner and it was fairly good, you could tell it was homemade. The same however could not be said about the sides, the peas were an awful kaki color, salty and you could tell they came right out of the can. Also I have a feeling that the mashed potatoes were from a box. They have a salad bar that has an average selection, no spinach or dark greens to choose from though. Also they have a $10 corking fee if you want to bring your own wine and bringing your own beer is not permitted on the premises. The location is nice, right in town. You can walk around and make a night of it. Or waitress was great though, they always are. Very attentive.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,394)

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Informal dining on the bay with friendly service and reasonably-priced fresh-caught fish, especially the grilled Red Drum, served steaming on a metal plate. Also try the fresh fish sandwiches.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

the place is nothing special. the service leaves to wish for better. but the food is very good. my wife and i ate there 3 times tried about half a dozen of dishes were not disappointed a single time. recommend.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

You couldn't have asked for better food!!! If you leave here hungry it is your own fault!! THe portions were huge, the people were very friendly, and the atmosphere, with the outlook over the bay, is just fantastic!!!! Eat here.. you won't be sorry!!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

This was just bad for me. On Saturday, 18 May 2013, Arrived there at 6:20 pm the hosted promised us a table in 35 minutes. I checked in with her every 10 minutes because they seems hectic. At 7:15 PM I complained and they told me they called me and seated my party. Another group of six jumped up and took our table. I talked to the owner and he had them set up a table in an unclean room that they were trying to clean from a wedding party. At 7:30 PM they took our order and did not get the entree to us until 8:35 PM. But, they served four other tables that came into the room after us before us. Could it be because was had three Asian wife's with us?

My grilled chicken was tasteless. Two of the orders were incorrect and they had to go back to the kitchen. My cooked apples tasted funny. The servers were rushed and not attentive. I had to ask for a fork. This place was so casual that it seemed the servers had no training and were running confused.

I will never go there again. Walt Okon, Springfield, Virginia