“Dirty, Rundown and Moldy”

Days Inn Chincoteague Island
Davie, Florida, United States
“Dirty, Rundown and Moldy”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2014

Usually the Days Inn is a decent place to stay but this particular franchise motel was deyond nasty. The rooms are old and outdated. The carpet worn out and dirty. They pool was unusable because it was broken and no repairs were being made to it. The walls in room 219 were covered in black mold. Yes, black mold. The A/C unit was ber loud and the phone kept ringing in the room with front desk calls. The septic system did not properly work and there was sewage all over the ground. Parking was extremely tight as there were storage containers in the parking lot taking up the parking spaces. This place is in serious need of major repairs and not at alo up to standards. Especially for the outrageous prices the owner of this franchise is charging. This is a terrible place. I suggest to other guests who have stayed at this Days Inn and came away feeling ill you can blame it on the black mold.

Room Tip: Dont stay there, you'll get sick from the black mold.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Karen B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2014

Our family spans five nights and had a fantastic time. The days inn had a very friendly staff and it's location right on Main Street. Our kids woke up each morning and ran right out to feed the ponies that were in a paddock across the parking lot from the hotel. We also enjoy the swimming pool. Staff is great and very helpful. Rooms are always clean and comfortable. This is the beast place to stay to visit chincoteague island. You are only few hundred yard from the bridge and the bike rental shop is just across the parking lot. Hiring a bike is the best way to enjoy in chincoteague island. I will more then likely stay here every time I am in the island.

• Stayed August 2014
Phila, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2014

Travel agent booked hotel for us and made a mistake. We were a family of 4 and she booked us for 1 double bed. And the hotel was sold out. Thank God Casey and Michele were accommodating and gave us 2 cots. Luckily, we were only staying for 1 night. The hotel was clean and breakfast was OK but not much seating area. It was a nice morning so we were able to eat on the deck. This hotel is very close to the beach and trails.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank justme33k
Hackensack, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

Were do I start, from the time we got there to the time we left nothing but great service. Our room was so clean and nice. The advised us to go to the beach horse back riding, what a wonderful time. The pool was so relaxing. I will defiantly be returning and letting everyone know about this little gem.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Decatur, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2014

Arriving on the evening of the pony swim, we were obligated to stay at the Days Inn in Chincoteague. We would have left after listening to the roaring air conditioner and observing the fruit loops and candy stuck on the carpet. Unfortunately, we didn't have another option, so instead asked for some sort of compensation the following morning. Today we received an apology from the corporate office and a voucher for $40 to stay at another Days Inn! Hardly likely!

Room Tip: Good luck. Hard to know whether any had quiet air conditioners.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Martha8848

Travelers are raving about these Chincoteague Island hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014

Stayed at this hotel last weekend. Me and my family very low maintenance people, Guest room was pretty clean until start looking at the details. The front desk and housekeeping staff was nice and friendly. My biggest problem was after I return home I checked my bank statement not only had they charge me for the room they did another pre-auth on my card. When I called to have the pre-Auth taken off the lady I spoke gave me the running round and pretty much said there nothing she could or would do. I ask to speak to a Manager in which she let me know there was no there and the one they had would be out of town for the next month for family emergency.Remind you ask when I checked in if there would be any pre-auth put on my card for incidental.In which they told me NO.....

Room Tip: Always double check your bill!!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family