“Nice Place”

Maria's Restaurant and Pizza
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed at the Americas Best Value Inn , and Wayne at the hotel told us about this place . We went in off season and almost had the place to ourselves . We ordered spaghetti , and the garlic bread was seasoned and buttered just the way we liked . Our waitress was delightful and we just loved we were there in off season . My sweetie and I went out to breakfast the next day and , breakfast was great . Once he brought back breakfast and they piled on the food , no skimping at that place . We went back one last time before leaving the Island , and that time it was busy . It seems to be a favorite place for the locals to eat too . When the locals eat there you know it's good food . .

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stopped in for an early dinner as visitors to the area. The meals were average or below average for the price, and the wait staff very distracted.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We have eaten at Maria's Restaurant a couple times. But this time was special. My daughter and husband took my hubby and I out to supper there. It was a gift for our anniversary. The food was supert!

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We rolled in for Sunday lunch and were not thrilled. There was a good crowd of seniors- which usually says to us: home-cooked & affordable. In this case, don't follow that crowd!

There was a buffet, but after a quick scan, we went with the entrees.

My husband's seafood delight was rather pricey & was not anything special... really, just some seafood with cheese on the top. It was also clearly not local seafood. Pretty bland. My stuffed shells were simply pasta, ricotta, & marinara sauce. Not even a flake of parsley to make it a little special! Also very bland. However, the garlic bread was okay. But how hard is it to screw up garlic bread??? This place was overpriced for the quality of food.

My clam chowder did not seem to be made in-house; it was not very tasty.

But the kicker: I couldn't eat my salad (iceburg lettuce, two grape tomatoes & a little cucumber) once I discovered that the lettuce leaves were wilted & NOT WASHED at all. Truly, there were clumps of dirt on the lettuce. Made my stomach turn.

And to top it off: our waitress had some sort of attitude with us. We didn't make any special requests or complaints (though we should have about the salads!), ate our food, tipped & left. We don't know what we did to offend her, but she was not in the mood to serve us & it showed.

Skip it!

Reviewed October 12, 2012

We arrived on the island around 8 and passed up several other eateries to give Maria's a chance. It was a bad choice the food at best is mediocre. They advertise fresh seafood but personally it did not taste fresh more like frozen which is sad with all the seafood available around here. The sauce with the chicken parm is bland and not worth ordering. The service was good but listening to everyone complain in the kitchen didn't help with the rating.