“Just ok”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner
New Jersey
“Just ok”
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

We waited about 30 minutes for a table. Our crab dip appetizer arrived with our dinners. Fried oysters were just ok. Prices were a little high compared to other restaurants on the island. Soups were average.

Southeastern, Pennsylvania
“I'd go back”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

First, the drinks were reasonably priced for a bar in a beach town in the summer.
Second, the bartender was a very friendly guy.
Third, dinner. Well at 5:30 on a Saturday the place was packed our 20minute wait turned into a 35 minute wait which was not a big deal at all. The atmosphere is basically a big open room with lots of folding tables covered in brown paper, perfect for the meal we wanted!

We were seated and we waited another 20 minutes for a waitress to come over. We were really starting to get angry as several passed our table. I finally flagged a waitress who said she'd ask the manager to get us server and one came over very shortly there after. a minute or two later the manager came over and was very apologetic telling us his instructions to our waitress were confused and it was totally his fault. His very genuine apology erased any displeasure we had.

I was very much looking forward to the All you can eat crabs but alas they ran out. So I ordered the Clam Bake platter with 4 blue claw crabs a bag of steamed clams and oysters, a ton of shrimp, two potatoes and corn. The crabs were cooked perfectly but disappointingly small. The Shrimp were cooked and spiced perfectly and there were a lot of them. The potatoes were great as well. The steamer bag was only so so. They clams and oysters were good but a vast majority of the oysters did not open up and I could not eat them.

My wife enjoyed her crab cakes and my daughter enjoyed the baked ( not fried) chicken parm but she felt the noodles were heavily buttered and did not enjoy them.

The staff was very nice attentive once we were served and despite the issues I mentioned I enjoyed the meal and would go back.

• Visited August 2014
Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania
“Good Food, Relaxed Atmosphere”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I'm a seafood eater, and when I go to the beach, I expect one thing: GREAT seafood. Steamers comes very close to delivering, but just misses the mark. I've eaten there twice now; both times I got the AYCE blue crabs. Typical AYCE tactic of trying to fill you up on sides (and they give you a LOT!), but the sides are good quality. My companions enjoyed their dinners, but didn't rave about them, so I know it's not just me. The menu, especially the AYCE choices, are a little spendy. I do like the relaxed atmosphere, and it's a good place for a large crowd (we had 9 in our party).

At the end of the day, would I go back to Steamers? Yes. Give it a try.

• Visited July 2014
Illinois
“Long wait time, expensive food average”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Granted we were here during Pony Swim week and everything was crowded, but for the wait time and prices the food was nothing special. Their all you can eat includes many appetizers (that you can't share) including fried chicken, so I'm guessing they do that to fill you up before you get to the seafood. We had a large party and none of us had the all you can eat. The food was good, but not extraordinary.

Visited July 2014
Milford, Delaware
“Lots of Food”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

This a great place for Seafood. The All you can eat Crabs & Seafood is wonderful. However, they run out of crabs too often and will only let you buy a dozen. Gets pretty crowded, so be sure to get there early.

Visited July 2014