“Great food, poor service!!!!”

Steamers Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner
Fruitland, Maryland, United States
“Great food, poor service!!!!”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My husband and I came here to celebrate our 1 year anniversary,I was so excited to finally get some hot steamed crabs. When our waitress Amber came to the table she informed us they did not have Blue Crabs on the All You Can Eat special so needless to say I was quite disappointed, my husband ordered the steamed shrimp and I ordered the snow crab legs we both got the All You Can Eat Specials the food was hot and absolutely delicious. Well after our initial delivery of our food and drinks from our waitress we waited 35 minutes before she ever returned to see if we needed refills of drinks or food, she continued to walk by us never once acknowledging us. We were literally seated right out in the open not tucked away in a corner, she knew we were there. My husband had just about enough so he asked for the manager, there was no manager on for tonight, so my husband explains to the hostess in which she apologized and SHE brought us out our refills not our waitress!!!! My husband explained to the hostess she could let Amber know she would not be receiving a tip!!! Finally Amber did come an apologized and did adjust down our bill a bit. I have been a waitress before and know what its like to be busy. but a good waitress does not ignore her tables no. matter how busy, we are. a very easy going couple if she had just addressed us and said I'm sorry I haven't forgotten you I will be with you in a few minutes anything but ignoring us, not OK!!!!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Angie S

Huntingdon, Pennsylvania
“Great Place to Hang Out!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stopped for lunch here this past weekend and had a great meal in a fun location with some great people. It is a great stop for a bite and drink. And while I did not have one, the fact that they squeeze the oranges in front of you for a Tequila Sunrise...was great fun!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank AStroope
Pennsylvania
“Big portions, Delicious”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Great restaurant, Good food casual atmosphere. I feel it is a little pricey but the great food helps take the bite out of your pocket. Bring your appetite and wallet.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank sunnyami
tracys landing, md
“Oysters and a beer”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was clearly a local hang out with a lot of bikers, but very friendly. The oysters and clams were excellent, service was adequate.

Visited April 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The place to go for seafood!”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

My husband and I decided to go to Steamers for the all you can eat seafood. The server helped us save some money by describing the potion size on the regular entrees. My meal of the steamed shrimp was so large that I wound up having to take half of it back to the hotel. The atmosphere was very laid back. The orange crush drinks are a must to try! We will definitely be back!

1 Thank NoraandBryceK