“An oasis after a long long trip to Chincoteague!”

Steamers Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Center Valley, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An oasis after a long long trip to Chincoteague!”
Reviewed October 11, 2011

Our family was meeting in Chincoteague for the Columbus Day weekend Oyster Festival. We went to Steamers late(after 8:00) and they still had great food , great waitresses. We were all 'road' tired BUT the atmosphere and food soon revived us and we had a wonderful meal. Definitely will come again. Thank you for a great 'Chincoteague' welcome. T & L Center Valley,PA

• Visited October 2011

Horsham, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Chose to eat here only as it was adjacent to the hotel (Rodeway Inn). On reflection, we would likely have been better served elsewhere. Basic tables with sheets of paper on them for quick clear up after messy meals. Unsurprisingly, menu is largely steamed or grilled seafood, served in shells. Accompaniments - baked potato and steamed brocolli were acceptable. Portion size was very variable: I ordered broiled shrimp and received only six of these, whilst my partner chose chicken and received a huge portion.
Marketing of 'I've got Crabs' tee-shirts and similar 'souvenirs' was very apparent, whilst service was less than attentive. Unruly behaviour at the next table not very appealing.

• Visited September 2011
PA
“Fun but a bit pricey”
Reviewed October 2, 2011

We enjoyed having dinner here during the off-season, and the three of us each ordered a different all you can eat choice; hardshell crab, snow crab, and shrimp. My son loved his snow crabs, my picky husband liked his shrimp and thought they were seasoned well, and my crabs were hot and spicy, although a bit on the small side (but expected this time of year). Great service, our waitress was very attentive. The meals all include a fried basket with chicken, popcorn shrimp, fried clam, hush puppy, plus a salad, soup, corn, and biscuits (they were very tasty made with sweet potato). Of course the surplus of side dishes is to fill you up so you don't eat as much shellfish, but I opted to bypass most of the fried basket although the popcorn shrimp were very tasty. Typical "crab shack" atmosphere, but this is how it should be when you are digging into a messy shellfish meal - tables covered with butcher paper, and a bucket of "supplies". I thought the price was a little high, but we enjoyed our meal.

• Visited September 2011
Richmond, Virginia
“Great food and lots of it............a little pricey though”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

They give you more food here than you could ever eat and it all was good. I got the all u can eat shrimp and it was good fresh local shrimp spiced just right. All the all u can eat meals come with fries, corn, hush puppies, popcorn shrimp, clam strips, salad, and fried chicken. I eat a lot, and I mean a lot of food, and it was all i could do to eat the 1st round of food the brought me. It is a little pricey, but not too bad considering it's a touristy area and the food is great.

• Visited July 2011
Oxford, Pennsylvania
“So-So...or lower.”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Not the best seafood I ever had. Fried shrimp too greasy. The Seafoos platter my husband had was HUGE, but the scallopes were overcooked, the shrimp was tasteless and the big filet of fish was ??..couldnt really figure that out.
The waitress was a doll, couldnt do enough for us.
The atmosphere was blah, and way toooo bright. I guess it was good, casue we culd see what we were eating. Our son had all u can eat Snow Crab Legs...he said they were great, and he had over 50 legs...and it probably cost the resturant money to feed him...
If you love seafood, and know good seafood...go to the VILLAGE Restaurant instead.

• Visited August 2011