“Wonderful Seafood”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I was in town covering a NASA launch to the International Space Station, and so were many of the other patrons. Despite the crowd, the service was quick and very friendly, the advice good, but most important, the fish was cooked perfectly. I had oysters on the half shell, which weren't cooked at all, but they were absolutely fresh. They are some of the best oysters I've had lately. My entrée was rockfish stuff with crab. The rockfish (AKA striped bass) is native to the Chesapeake and the crabs are local to Chincoteague, and both were just wonderful. The broil the fish, which is a very good preparation when the fish is totally fresh, which this was, as was the local crab. The sides are nothing special, but you don't go to a place like this for the sides. I'd go back her again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We stop here for dinner each time we are in town. We have visited several restaurants but this and Bills are our favorites. The view from the dining room is breath taking. It looks out over the water and the wildlife put on a nice show. The food is fantastic and the service is great.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

My wife and I had dinner at the Village Restaurant. The place is nice and a little pricy. I had the crab cakes and they were good. The atmosphere is generally quiet so it was nice. The restaurant overlooks a creek and you can see birds and fish while you eat. MAKE SURE TO MAKE A RESERVATION!! YOU CAN REQUEST A TABLE BY THE WINDOW! We always come here on our vacation and it is always decent. I would tell you to give it a shot when your in town.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Sat at "the bar" which was small and the bartender seemed that he did not want to be there. Sent back clams casino which were horrible, salad was fresh but dressing was not pleasant tasting at all. Cream of crab soup was ok but nothing special. Staff was pleasant.

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Was here a few years ago, glad we came back. Crab soup-heavenly, crab dip-yum, seafood platter-huge and fresh. Great friendly service, will come back again.