“Good food - good service”
Review of Village Restaurant

Village Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Scenic view, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Exton, Pennsylvania
“Good food - good service”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We very much enjoyed our visit to the Village Restaurant. We made a reservation for our party of 6 adults and 2 very young children and asked to sit overlooking the water. We were seated immediately upon arrival & were provided with highchairs. Our waiter was great -- prompt & attentive. For appetizers we chose the crab balls (after remarks and debate -- actually mini-crab cakes with a sauce), clam chowder (good) & oysters on the half shell (the best we had on the island --I still don't understand how some could be better than others.) We all had seafood entrees which we enjoyed. There was plenty of food. We're not from MD, so the Smith Island cake was a real treat. Village Restaurant was enjoyed by everyone in our group and is on the list for our return visit to Chinc.

• Visited June 2011
3 Thank books2

Denver
“Recommended by the Locals”
Reviewed June 9, 2011

While walking along Main St. in Chincoteague we passed a woman watering flowers in front of a shop and asked for a recommendation for a restaurant. She sent us to the Village Restaurant and we loved it. The food was excellent. We had rockfish and shrimp. There was a nice view of one of the local waterways.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank Viking-Scot
Reading, PA
“Very nice local restaurant”
Reviewed May 29, 2011

We throughly enjoyed our dinner at the restaurant. The food was excellent and they gave very large portions. The cream of crab soup was very full of crab meat and delicious! The service was pretty good. The view was great. The only problem was that it was awfully loud in the restaurant and one little boy was extremely annoying. The parking lot is an odd shape and we had to do a 3 point turn to get out.

• Visited May 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
“Average food & loud”
Reviewed May 27, 2011

The hostesses were very friendly & we waited slightly less time than they quoted us. The food & our server were good, but nothing I couldn't get anywhere else. I think the entrees were overpriced for what we received. The restaurant was so incredibly loud it was impossible to carry on a conversation across my table. The place shook when people walked through the room.

• Visited July 2010
1 Thank Mom2Evie
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bugs in my food!”
Reviewed May 26, 2011

The food wasn't bad, if not a bit overpriced, but when I find a swarm of ants in my drink, I expect something more than a free drink. After I had finished my meal and went to take a last sip of my soda, I noticed about 5 ants in it. I then proceeded directly to the bathroom to evacuate the contents of my stomach. Upon returning to the table (the people I was with showed the waitress), the waitress informed me that she would remove the drink from my check. At this point, all I wanted to do was leave, so I paid the tab and left. I just can't believe all she would do is comp the drink!

1 Thank Swolf012