“Food was very good and lots of it.”

P.T. Pelican's Intercoastal Deck Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We really enjoyed the food here and our waitress was fast and efficient. We left here stuffed. The view is beautiful on the water. The building though is in rough shape--either needs a lot of renovation or just to be torn down. Also, for such good food, it came on quite a collection of cheap, mismatched plates, plastic cups, horrible dinnerware. All I could think of was it could have come from a thrift store? Despite that, this was the best meal we had the week we spent in Chincoteague.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

NIce view from this restaurant of the water. We went for dinner. tHe food was very good with good portions. i had scallops dinner. My husband had chicken dinner. I was considering the seafood buffet. But trythfully it was not worth the $29. oVerall we were full when we left and we were happy. We couldnt even get the ice cream we wanted

1  Thank geronurse
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I ate at the Chincoteague Inn the later part of July w/ my friend. Neither of us have large appetites so we split a meal & an appetizer. Our waitress (her name started with an A) was so sweet. The service she provided was great & we felt very comfortable. The food was FAB!! We ordered one of the seafood platters for dinner & the two of us couldn't even finish it. Good fresh seafood, great service, astounding view of the sunset! We were so happy that the next day we were talking to others at the hotel & suggested they give it a try! They did & were also happy. It's an open air restaurant & they have entertainment most nites.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

First the good news, and this won't be long. The setting is beautiful, any closer to the water and you'd be wet. All down hill from there. Our server would not tell me the draft beers available because the bottled beers listed on the menu would save me money. I ordered a shrimp salad and she did not know what is vinaigrette dressing . Close to an hour later my salad arrived, the shrimp smothered in some sort of white sauce. My wife's hamburger was OK but the bun was cold. On a trip to the restroom I heard a man telling the hostess his family was leaving. They had waited 90 minutes for their food and out the door they went. Eat anywhere else.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

There is so much potential in Chincoteague, with beautiful waterfront businesses. It's such a waste! We ate here two years in a row because there aren't many waterfront, outdoor seating options. We had high hopes for a nice dinner al fresco on the water. This place was dirty even for being outside. The service was terrible, no other word! The servers and hostess were rude and not interested in even trying. We are not jerky customers. Having worked in the service industry, I am always considerate of servers if they are busy, polite, and tip extremely well when appropriate. They were not busy, they just seem lazy and annoyed if you ask them for anything. Not just one person, but many! When our server never came back to check on us we went and asked the hostesses, a middle aged woman, and she was rude to us too. It seems like they are a place for locals to gather and have their little group or "clique" if you ask me. And if you aren't a part of that, then you are in the way and bothering them. I noticed they remodeled from the street view this year, but I didn't have the guts to try it again this year based on the continual poor reviews on here. Trust the reviewers! They aren't exaggerating!