“Great beginning to our stay on Chincoteague”

P.T. Pelican's Intercoastal Deck Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We were so happy to be on the island and ready for sun and a good seafood lunch. Perhaps it's from visiting lots of beach towns, but you just shouldn't expect white cloth meals when at the beach, of course this is my opinion. What I do expect is good seafood and we got it. My husband had the fried shrimp and they were breaded and fried perfectly...it is very easy to ruin this simple meal, but they didn't. I had their crab cake sandwich, which i ate without the bread, because that's me, and it truly was a crab cake...not filler with a bit of crab and the cole slaw was delicious. My girls had macaroni salad with their sandwich and I ate it for them...it was yummy too! The fact that we sat outside on a floating dock made everything even better. If you love the sun and a local place with ducks at your feet and great service, go here.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Be aware that this location may not exist much longer. It is "old" Chincoteague which is why my wife and I go there. Local characters and flavor, out of towners there for the weekend, etc. Some call it a dive bar (and it is), but it is authentic. Food in the bar is very good, beer is cold). A new Fairfield Inn is due to open next door, so plans are to tear this place down at the end of the 2013 season and possibly rebuild. If they do rebuild, it will not be the same place. A real shame to lose this.

1  Thank Steve c
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I love this place. The seafood is great and the bands are normally very good. You can go in shorts and flip flops or you can dress up. The people are incredibly nice. The drinks are yummy. What you see is what you get. It is a local favorite.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I would highly recommend. An amazing place. You should visit just for the Inn. It is amazing. The buffet has a wide variety of seafood and an amazing menu as well. The food is delicious. The view is amazing. The decor in the establishment was wonderful. An amazing experience.

1  Thank themightymike29
Reviewed February 14, 2013

went there to possibly have buffet but it was to expensive for fly covered food. And note we were there for 2 1/2 hours because we ended up getting drinks but they only came out and to fix the buffet one time and they didnt change anything they just dumped a few more things on top of each other so all the old was moved to the bottom and the fresh cooked things were on top....Big mistake. My crabcake had a piece of hair in it....sent it back an the waitress who had an attitude brought back an almost burnt one and i swear it was the same one without the hair just patched up and re-fried. Had to fight with the girl up front to take it off the check even though i didnt touch it. Drinks werent bad but I could get a few mixed drinks somewhere else on the island that makes good food also. Good bye chincoteague inn.

1  Thank teagur4life