“Was hoping for a great seafood lunch- got average typical lunch options”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of AJ's on the Creek

AJ's on the Creek
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: For generations, the folks at AJ's have been passing down delicious seafood recipes from parent to child. We specialize in historically great seafood.
Richmond, Virginia
“Was hoping for a great seafood lunch- got average typical lunch options”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

The atmosphere is nice- we chose it for the location near the creek but it was too hot to sit outside. It took a really long time to get the food- and there were very few others in the restaurant. I had the seafood sample appetizer - it was good but not great. The others had typical lunch items- chicken strips, cheesesteak sandwich. The adult size hamburger was very large! All was good but not great- A bit pricy for lunch.

Uniontown, Pennsylvania
“Good Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

AJ's- We had made reservations for dinner. The lady that seated us, was a little over the top. We sat next to a window- that had multiple flies buzzing. When we sat down, we actually almost got up and left because of the details of the restaurant. What I mean is if you can get passed the chairs being a little scrapped up and booths not fully covered. We decided to stay and order. Our waitress was very nice and gave us good service. I ordered Jumbo Fried Shrimp and my boyfriend order the tuna steak special. Both meals were very good both meals came with salad and a side. I was again thrown off when my salad was on a hard plastic plate. Over all if you can get passed the details the food is good.

Middletown, NJ
“Good place for dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

I had the day boat scallops, $24, which were delicious. My husband had the delmonico 13oz steak, $29, which was cooked just right. A salad and baked potato accompanied the meal. The wine we had was $6 a glass. Our waitress was very nice and attentive. They remembered I had asked for a window seat when I called to make a reservation which I thought was impressive.

Maryland
“WE ENJOYED THE LOCALS AT THE BAR”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

We weren't up for a full dinner and in reading another review, we decided to hit the bar and see if we could meet and chat with some of the locals - one of my guy's favorite things to do. We did have fun chatting with the locals and hearing their spin on the history of Chincoteague, the families that had been there forever, the pony drives, etc. The service was fine. We ordered a burger to share and it was okay - nothing special. They did have some live music that evening, but it was nothing memorable.

• Visited May 2014
“Was Good ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is on the pricey side even for lunch especially for the portions you receive. I ordered soft shell crabs and they were tiny but very good. The crab soup was really good and came out scolding hot. The place is small and the Lunch menu is very limited. I asked to see the dinner menu out of curiosity and they had a lot more options to choose from. I probably wouldn't go back for Lunch but I would like to try the Dinner menu. The waitress we had was nice and polite. And everyone seemed very friendly that worked there that walked by our table. It's definitely worth a try just wish you got a little more for the money.