Wow! What a contrast in experience! Last year my husband and I attempted to stay at this motel on our annual Chincoteague vacation. The room we were given was in terrible condition. The door to our room was open when we arrived. I thought that a bit odd, but upon entering the room, I could understand why. The musty smell that greeted us was almost overpowering! The room overall was dingy and the carpet was "baggy" from improper cleaning and nearly EVERYTHING seemed to have mold growing on it, right down to the telephone. Not to mention the air conditioner was only able to bring the temperature of the room up to a fridged 85 degrees all night. We called the front desk to request a room change, but were informed there were no other rooms available. This is understandable in the high traffic summer season, but this room should have NEVER been rented out in the condition it was in. My husband immediately called another hotel in the area that we had always stayed at previously ( we thought we would give the Chincoteague Lodge a try in an attempt to save a bit of money) and they didn't have anything available that night, but they were able to squeeze us in for the remainder of our vacation (God bless the staff at the Hampton Inn down there). The only good part of our experience with the Chincoteague Lodge was the staff that was very cooperative in allowing us to back out of our reservation and continue the rest of our vacation in comfort at the Hampton Inn up the street.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 70 unit motel, just minutes away from the Assateague Island Beach and Wildlife Refuge, the Inn is the perfect place to relax and enjoy the solitude and the breathtaking sunsets our Island has to offer.Conveniently located at Maddox Blvd. and Deep Hole Road, the Inn is within walking distance of many art galleries, restaurants, shops and the Civic Center. For those that desire a little adventure, deep sea fishing charters are available or take off on a bicycling excursion on one of the many trails available on the Chincoteague and Assateague Islands.We offer modern, spacious, extremely clean accommodations, daily maid service, complimentary coffee and a selection of newspapers.Be our guest as you enjoy our outdoor pool with large surrounding deck & gazebo. A screened pavilion equipped with cooking facilities will accommodate most any gathering, large or small. For those wanting to picnic, we have barbeque grills available as well as a volleyball court. There is ample parking for cars and a designated area for boats and buses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Chincoteague Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chincoteague Hotel Chincoteague Island
- Chincoteague Island Hotel