The whole building was run down and dirty. When got to our room the door was unlocked, turned out that the door was broken and could not be locked. The room smelled like mildew and something musky. The carpets were dirty and there were body hairs on the sheets when I pulled back the cover. When my husband pulled out a hand towel he said a dead cockroach looking thing fell out. They switched our room to another, but it was just as bad.
I finally went to the front desk, the lady working there was obviously in high school and had all her friends in the lobby doing their hair and make-up with her.
I told her that due to my allergies I just cannot stay there, I couldn't breathe! The lady called the manager who was away, who told her to just give me some air freshener. I declined the air freshener knowing that it would not help my breathing issue, and asked for my money back atleast for one day since we had paid for two nights. They would not return our money.
I just returned my keys and we went to the Quality Inn next store. That room seemed like a piece of heaven compared to that youknowwhat hole.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 70 unit motel, just minutes away from the Assateague Island Beach and Wildlife Refuge, the Inn is the perfect place to relax and enjoy the solitude and the breathtaking sunsets our Island has to offer.Conveniently located at Maddox Blvd. and Deep Hole Road, the Inn is within walking distance of many art galleries, restaurants, shops and the Civic Center. For those that desire a little adventure, deep sea fishing charters are available or take off on a bicycling excursion on one of the many trails available on the Chincoteague and Assateague Islands.We offer modern, spacious, extremely clean accommodations, daily maid service, complimentary coffee and a selection of newspapers.Be our guest as you enjoy our outdoor pool with large surrounding deck & gazebo. A screened pavilion equipped with cooking facilities will accommodate most any gathering, large or small. For those wanting to picnic, we have barbeque grills available as well as a volleyball court. There is ample parking for cars and a designated area for boats and buses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chincoteague Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chincoteague Hotel Chincoteague Island
- Chincoteague Island Hotel