Tripadvisor
Chincoteague Island
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews thin walls bay view within walking distance main street nice hotel early check balcony room shops and restaurants waffles free breakfast hotel is located sitting area king suite staff was very friendly the breakfast area loved this hotel location is great
Selected filters
Reviewed November 30, 2019

We spent Thanksgiving here...what a beautiful spot and the service and people at the front desk were great. Our room was so clean, looked like a brand new hotel. Great location you could walk to town. The breakfast was a bit different every day. If I have one complaint it is the coffee...a bit blah...needs a bit more coffee and a bit less water. The staff was so nice and welcoming.

Date of stay: November 2019
carouselresort, Public Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2019

Thank you for sharing your great experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites. We are happy to hear that you had a comfortable stay in our spacious room with incredible bay view. We will gladly take your suggestions into consideration and look forward to seeing you back soon!

Reviewed November 29, 2019

Gotta tell you, they made me feel special. From the get-go.
I arrived late and was greeted by Victoria, the night manager. She knew who I was, greeted me as a Marriott Rewards customer, and told me that my room was ready - more than ready, as I was upgraded to a King suite. When I saw the room I could have cried - it had a balcony facing the waterfront, and had a huge desk, which I need desperately for the computer work I had lined up.
Victoria and I chatted about restaurants, with one recommendation for a quick bite (the closest restaurant) and suggestions for places for the following night. I picked one of her favorites, AJ's, which wasn't close to the hotel but worth making the effort. Right on, Victoria!
And my stay continued in a like vein. I really appreciate the (free) hot breakfast in the morning,, with OATMEAL! plus eggs, bacon, waffles, etc.
The room was spot-on. I like the trend of replacing bathtubs with bigger showers, proving that this hotel was keeping up with the trends.
It was November, so I didn't check out the outside, but I got a glimpse of a long pier that I'd love to hang out on in warmer weather.

During my stay I saw what other hotels were on the island, but I can't imagine going anywhere else.

Room tip: Some rooms look out on the waterfront if that is what you were looking for. The rooms were quiet, so that wasn't an issue.
Date of stay: November 2019

Thank you so much for your great review and for staying at the Fairfield Inn & Suites. It's nice to hear that you had a wonderful time and were welcomed by our friendly employees who always provide excellent customer service and happy to assist with anything you might need. We are grateful for your kind words and look forward to seeing you back in the summer!

Reviewed November 4, 2019

We stayed as part of the Northrop Grumman CRS-12 launch. There was a welcome sign in the lobby for everyone. Even though we had to leave the hotel early Saturday morning to get to the launch site, breakfast to go bags were set out for us and the staff had also started the buffet breakfast early.

All the staff went above and beyond to make us feel welcome.
See you at the next launch!

Date of stay: November 2019
carouselresort, Public Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2019

Thank you for your great review and for staying at the Fairfield Inn & Suites during the launch. We glad you had a comfortable stay and enjoyed an early breakfast buffet. We are grateful for your kind words and look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed October 23, 2019

I stayed at this hotel on my east coast road trip. Check in was fast and efficient and the girl at the front desk was very nice. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. I would recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: October 2019
carouselresort, Public Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2019

Fred B, thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites. We glad you had a comfortable stay and were welcomed by our friendly staff who always happy to assist. We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Reviewed October 9, 2019 via mobile

This is a great hotel with a wonderful staff. Check in was awesome. I stopped by a little early and was surprised with an early check in and an upgrade to a water view suite. Dealing with staff at the breakfast and just walking in they are super friendly.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
carouselresort, Public Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2019

Thank you for your great review and for recommending the Fairfield Inn & Suites. We glad you had a great time and were welcomed by our friendly staff who always happy to assist. We are grateful for your kind words and can't wait to see you back!