Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Comfort Suites Chincoteague(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
$149
$169
Chincoteague Inn(Chincoteague Island)
$79
$69
Snug Harbor Marina and Cottages(Chincoteague Island)
$232
  • Beachfront
Waterside Inn(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
$111
Best Western Chincoteague Island(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
$130
BestWestern.com
Days Inn Chincoteague Island(Chincoteague Island)
$93
Anchor Inn(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
$107
Refuge Inn(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
$116
All reviewsbay viewgreat hotelwithin walking distancefront desk staffmain streetthe hotel is cleanright next doorwafflesexcellent locationshops and restaurantsstayed one nightfree breakfastsitting areahotel is locatedstaff was very friendlyexercise roomking suite
Reviewed November 16, 2013

As a frequent traveler to Chincoteague for work, I was looking forward to trying out the new Fairfield. There are many pros: the bed is super-comfortable, the room was not huge, but felt spacious and airy, thanks to the high ceilings and modern windows, the bathroom was large/modern, the decor of the entire hotel felt welcoming and the staff could not have been more friendly. The bayview is indeed not bayfront--one looks out over a relatively small stretch of water separating the hotel from the next building, but it is not a "cesspool" as described by a previous visitor. I think this guest must have happened to look outside when the tide had departed. I woke up early and enjoyed my coffee (good in-room brand) watching the ducks float outside my window, but as the morning progressed, the tide went out and the water turned into a bit of a swampy terrain--the good news is that the bay will return! That being said, the bayview is quite limited and you will not see broad expanses of the bay from this side of the hotel. (The same issue exists with the Hampton or Comfort Inns). The free breakfast offered many cold/hot choices and had plenty of space. The free wifi worked well. The only real con was the thin walls mention previously. Unfortunately I found myself having to share the murmuring voices and the tv noise from the room next door for several hours. The noise problem worsened when the couple turned to each other instead of the tv. Ugh. I'm all for love and sharing generally, but this was TMI. I tried to turn up the fan in the heating/cooling system on HIGH to block out the sounds, but unfortunately, I could not figure out to keep the fan running once the temp on the thermostat had been reached and it kept shutting off. I don't expect the Fairfield to do construction to make their walls thicker, but I would strongly advise them to find a way to add some "white noise" that can be turned way up to enable folks to tune out their neighbors. Guests come to a hotel chain like Fairfield for a bit of respite and luxury at a reasonable price (and all of this is more than available at this particular hotel), but the experience is lost when one is subjected to unexpected noise. I'll give this hotel another shot because I liked it so much, but being on the road is exhausting and I need to depend on getting a quiet night...

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the bay if you want to see it.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank junodee
Heidi S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear that you found your room comfortable and that the staff was friendly during your stay. I sincerely apologize for the expeirence you had with your neighbors. We are working on finding a solution for this and hope to have something in place soon. We want to make sure all our guests are able to enjoy their stay and have a great nights sleep. I hope that this incident will not deter you from staying with us in the future as we work toward a solution. Once again thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. please contact me directly at ffi.sbyci.gm@marriott.com for any future reservation needs you have.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

It is a very beautiful hotel. The bathroom is very large. I really liked the large vanity. Our room had a balcony and a beautiful bay view. They also have a lovely outside pool area that we would have enjoyed during a summer visit. It is important to not that if you are going to the beach you will need to drive or bike as the hotel is several miles away. The only area we weren't impressed with was breakfast. The attendant was having a very hard time keeping the area stocked and it wasn't that busy. The waffle maker was not set properly and the waffles were extra crispy. Hopefully they will get that worked out and it will match the standard of the rest of the hotel. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: The balcony room on the upper floors facing the water are nice.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and especially liked the size of the bathrooms. Thank you for letting us know about the service that you experienced in the breakfast area. We strive to make sure our guests receive great service thoughout their stay and this includes breakfast. This has been addressed with all my staff to make sure we are keeping the breakfast properly stocked no matter the number of guests staying with us. We have also fixed the waffel maker and sincerely apologize that it wasn't functioning properly during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Chincoteague.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

As a member of the Marriott rewards program and a frequent traveler to Chincoteague, I was happy to see the Fairfield Inn finally open. Or perhaps I was ambivalent, as each new big chain opens in Chincoteague, it loses some of its quaintness. On the other hand, I've stayed at some of these quaint places, and they're kind of musty and funky. The Fairfield Inn is clean and fresh and was a very nice change. The fitness room was small and sparse, but sufficient. And the breakfast actually included sausage and eggs, in addition to the normal continental fare. My only real complaint was that I was given a "Bay View" room that did not face the bay, but the mucky, garbage-ridden cesspool on the side of the hotel. So if you're paying for a Bay View room, I would suggest asking to make sure you can actually see the bay.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet, but if you want a view of the bay, make sure you're on the West (bay) side.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MDawgABQ
Heidi S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm glad that you found our new hotel clean and the breakfast to your satisfaction. I apologize for any misunderstanding with the view from your room. Our bay view rooms have only a partial view of the bay, where our bay front rooms have a full view. If you can send me your check in date and confirmation number at ffi.sbyci.gm@marriott.com, I will be more than happy to look into this for you. I can certianly understand how this could effect your stay with us. When booking your next reservation, please contact me directly and I'm be more than happy to make sure you receive the view that you were hoping for.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

This is a new hotel within walking distance to several restaurants. The staff was very friendly and outgoing, with the exception of the breakfast room personnel. The room was very clean and showed no wear. It seemed like the door to the shower was placed on backwards as the shower controls were on the wall but there was no way to reach them without getting wet because of the door placement.

The room walls were VERY thin and you can hear EVERY sound from adjoining rooms. This includes television, belches and other personal evolutions. This goes for rooms above as well. On the second night of our stay a person in the room above must have been training for the junior Olymipics as a small child ran constantly for the better part of an hour.

The breakfast was the standard Fairfield Inn fare minus the Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches.

The coffee was very good and the staff kept it filled.

Room Tip: Try for a top floor to avoid noise from the floor above.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank diverdude2

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear that you received good service and that your room was clean. I can certainly understand your concerns about the thin walls and the shower doors. We are working on solutions for both of these in order to help our guests relax and enjoy their stays even more. Please contact me directly at ffi.sbyci.gm@marriott.com when booking your next stay with us and I will be more than happy in assisting you to ensure a quite, relaxing stay on your next visit.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Right in the town of Chincoteague with great water views. No beach in this area of the island. Great location for getting into town or just relaxing. Breakfast included. They upgraded us when we got there to a water view room which was a huge plus!

Room Tip: Water view rooms are definitely worth it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Heidi S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you were able to relax. Our staff strives to provide outstanding service to go above and beyond for our guests. I'm happy to hear that an upgrade to the waterview room was available and that you were able to enjoy it. We look forward to seeing you again.