“SO happy!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Poseidon's Pantry Gourmet Grocery & Deli

Poseidon's Pantry Gourmet Grocery & Deli
Cuisines: Soups, Delicatessen
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Wine and Beer
Description: CURRENT HOURS: Grocery open daily 11-6; Deli open for lunch Wed-Sun 11-3 Eat healthy... Or not! It's your choice at Poseidon's Pantry Gourmet Grocery & Deli. We specialize in delicious food and great service. We roast our own turkey and roast beef in the deli, and make all our soups, sides, dressings, and much more. Also, our deli is veggie-friendly and has several gluten-free options. The grocery has a great selection of gluten-free, organic, and vegetarian products, as well as wonderful cheeses, snacks, chocolate, coffee, bread, craft beer and affordable tasty wines.
College Park, Maryland
“SO happy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

I have to eat gluten-free, which can be a big bummer when I'm out of town and not sure where I can eat safely. I saw others' reviews of Poseiden's Pantry and noticed the gluten free mentions, so we tried it for lunch on our second day in town. The house made pimento cheese (+ I added bacon and tomato relish) toasted on gluten free bread was INCREDIBLE! So, naturally, we went back again the next day. Ham + brie + apple chutney on the second visit was again a hit, but I was wishing I'd gone with pimento cheese again just because it was too good to only have once. Yum! Just go . . .

Visited March 2014
1 Thank LaurelMom

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Perfect source for carpet picnics. They stock brilliant goodies.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

Going to Chincoteague off-season led to some disappointments, with restaurants closed.

We stopped at Poseidon's for dinner fair over the weekend. It was past closing time, but another customer was still in the store so we were in luck. I think we stayed a half hour! The owners are friendly foodies. We bought a rustic sourdough-esque loaf, more stuff and my happy "score" was they stock some Tillamook cheese!
We walked out with some insight about the island and two bags of food for a delicious carpet picnic. Back at our inn, we discovered how much in the fridge contents looked to be directly from Poseidon's.

• Visited February 2014
“Alleluia Foodie Heaven!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Chincoteague is fortunate to have this addition. The groceries are great. The sandwiches and soups exceptional. The chili is remarkable. The atmosphere squeaky clean. Service fast even when packed. The folks here are pleasant. My only complaint? They are too small. Expand and carry more products PLEASE?! This is a new addition to Chincoteague. Grab a sandwich and a micro brew or chili and a dry cucumber soda. They have fresh baked bread, cheese mongrel quality cheese and delicious desserts. Yummy!!!

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank frequenttravails
Falls Church, Virginia
“Don't miss this!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Loved the pimento cheese sandwich! If I return to Chincoteague, I will have every lunch there....I'd like to try all there sandwiches and soups. The shop has some very unique gourmet items. I especially enjoyed the friendly service....how nice to order a sandwich and be told upfront that the sandwich would take 10 minutes because they had to heat the grill.

• Visited November 2013
Wallace, North Carolina
“Great Little Deli”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

It's so nice to find a place open this time of year with really great sandwiches. We stopped in for a picnic lunch and were very happy with the choices and service. The French Onion panini was delicious and they carry Route 11chips, made in Mt. Jackson, VA. Definitely can recommend.