“Great Tour”

Barnacle Bill's Wild Pony Boat Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer boat tours around Assateague and Chincoteague Islands in Virginia to see the famous Chincoteague Ponies, dolphins, American bald eagles and the beautiful, serene waters surrounding the islands.
New York City, New York
“Great Tour”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Very nice tour in a very comfortable boat with only few people.The guide was the best! Great guy with nice stories about all the places he showed to us.
I highly recommend this tour

Visited July 2013

Macon, Georgia
“Wild Pony Boat Tours”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Captain Bill gave my husband, my teenage granddaughter, and me an excellent tour of the Chincoteague Island waters today. He was very knowledgeable and tried to meet our every need and desire. I highly recommend his tour.

Hinckley, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We just loved barnacle bill. He went way out of his way 2 look for ponies 2 makes my daughters day.friendly 5 stars”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We just love barnacle bill. He went out of his way to make it possible for my daughter to see the ponies.down home friendly family guy with history in the area. Super knowledge from today and in the 1800s. Wouldn't ever choose a different guy awesome tour. 5 stars all the way

Visited June 2013
“You're not just sightseeing, you're learning from Captain Bill!”
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

For Father's Day weekend, my family took a tour with Capt. Bill. And it was ... AWESOME!
We learned a little history, we saw some wildlife including 2 herds of wild ponies, a ton of birds, and a school of dolphins. He told a few jokes and even gave us the inside scoop on where to fish, where to dine, and showed us where the ponies take that yearly swim! Do you know how long it takes the ponies to cross the channel? Capt. Bill knows! Taking this tour is a must for first-timers and seasoned visitors alike! DO NOT MISS THIS BOAT PEOPLE!! Seriously! Oh, and my Dad, a sea lover himself, was absolutely thrilled!!!

norfolk, va
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Captain Bill is awesome!!!”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

It was a great experience with Capt Barnacle Bill, the deck chairs did not bother us at all, it gave us a better view of the tour. We saw wild ponies, dolphins, aquaculture activities, and Capt Bill's is indeed a very knowledgable tour guide with interesting stories about the island. We definitely will do this again with friends and we'll see you again Capt. Bill.....