“Delicious food, great people, fabulous atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Smokey's

Smokey's
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Newport News, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious food, great people, fabulous atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

My husband and I visited Chincoteague Island for the first time, July 11th thru the 13th. It was a trip, just the two of us, to celebrate our wedding anniversary.

We found Smokey's on our way back from the beach the first night we were on the island. After our first meal, we were HOOKED!! We literally ate EVERY meal there the entire time that we were in Chincoteague! The only meal that we did not eat at Smokey's was breakfast and that was only due to the fact that breakfast was a benefit of our stay at the hotel. The food at Smokey's was made fresh and was absolutely DELICIOUS! We sampled several things from the menu and loved every bite. They also have fabulous fresh made lemonade in several yummy flavors. There are lots of chairs for relaxing, a couple of picnic tables, tables that you can stand and eat at and, get this, a BOUNCE HOUSE for the kids!! So jealous of the kids.....a bounce house! They also have tether ball, corn hole and a few other games that you can play while eating or just hanging out to enjoy the great atmosphere.

Smokey's is a family owned business and the employees were wonderful! We met the one of the owners, who was very friendly and offered us great customer service. Hands down, our favorite "guy" was 11 year old Trevor. He was the sweetest, kindest, most mature young man that both my husband and I have met in a loooooong time. He was the cashier and was by far the best one that I may have ever had. And he's only 11!?!?! He was running the cash register, putting in the orders and delivering the food to the customers. So cute!

If you, or anyone that you know, ever visit Chincoteague, you HAVE TO VISIT Smokey's! Have to! You will be in food heaven!

1 Thank Shawna B

Chincoteague Island, Virginia
“superb!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

Went to smokey's for the first time and got a few different items to try out. I must say the food is fantastic. I will be going there a lot this summer. The pit turkey is awesome!!!

1 Thank Shelly S
Bel Air, Maryland, United States
“Customers for the long-haul!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

My entire family, 5 adults and 2 small children, had the pleasure of eating at Smokey's during our recent trip to Chincoteague. The food was delicious, the drinks were flavorful and the fried dough was out of this world!! The kids enjoyed the bounce house, tether ball and ring toss while we waited for our food to be freshly prepared! There was an assortment of bbq sauces to choose from-the house sauce was delicious. We also recommend the cucumber and onion salad and the Anything Goes burger!! We ended up eating at Smokey's 3 more times before we left the island--each time was a better experience than the last. Above all, the employees were friendly and gracious--a definite bonus!!

Cressona, Pennsylvania
“Bacon, Crabby Hamburger!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

This is a small place with the food served out of a trailer. Adirondack chairs and umbrellas for seating, a few long picnic benches, a few tall tables just for standing to eat. Has a play area for the kids. Small bouncing thing to go in, bottle ring toss game, a few other games. This bacon, crabby hamburger that I had was delicious!! Burger was juicy and real crab and bacon were on top. I also had a blueberry lemonade that you order at the other food truck. I was kind of wondering what was taking so long to make 3 lemonades, but whatever they do is SO worth the wait! They were YUMMY! I think my burger was $8.99. Very worth the price. My brother had a "Hammed Burger." Chipped ham on top of a burger. He loved it. Husband had Pulled Pork sandwich. He loved his. I think all of ours were around $8.99 each. But if it is good, and different, we don't mind paying. Fries were not included. Lots of items on the chalk-written menu board. Really a cool place. We would go back again!

Visited July 2014
Milford, Connecticut
“Excellent food and fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

We weren't able to get into a restaurant without a 45 minute wait, so we decided to eat at Smokey's. There were 2 adults and 2 kids. We ordered pulled pork, corn on the cob, hot dog and fried mozarella. All were delicious. We also had the lemonade which was great!! One of the cooks came out from the kitchen to bring me a fresher piece of corn and checked to make sure that everything was ok. They had fun beach games to keep us occupied while we waited for our food...bean bag toss, tether ball, ring toss, etc.
I would definitely recommend this outdoor casual restaurant and will visit again if back in the area.