“Great Breakfast, Great Value!”

Chincoteague Diner & Restaurant
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A family oriented diner featuring a full menu. We serve breakfast (all day) lunch and dinner and late night treats. Economically priced we feature a wide selection of omlets, waffles, pancakes and other breakfast specialties. Our entrees include a selection of seafood, Italian dishes and hearty diner classics. Kids are welcome and there are specials for them for breakfast and all meals. Be sure and check out our cakes, desserts, rice pudding and other desserts!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Breakfast, Great Value!”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

We had breakfast here every day we were on Chincoteague Island. The waitstaff was very friendly, and we didn't wait long at all to be seated, to have our order taken, or for our food to arrive. The portions were generous, fresh, and hot. I had the eggs and pancakes--which were excellent, and my husband eggs and sausage plate as well as the egg and sausage sandwich, and he definitely enjoyed both! We ordered some to-go sandwiches for lunch on the beach--also excellent. It looks like they're building some outdoor seating, but the diner is open and you won't be disappointed! We'll return the next time we're down there.

• Visited May 2014

Albany, New York
“yum yum delicious”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Service was fast and friendly. Food was delicious. The portions were generous. Despite being under renovations the restaurant was very clean. This is my 2nd time eating here and I would recommend it.

Visited May 2014
Vermont
“Good value, no frills”
Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Walking next door to this restaurant was a plus, as not having to drive anywhere while on vacation is always welcome. The diner is undergoing some construction by building an outdoor seating area, but no problems staying open. The indoor dining area is pretty plain, and although they have a full bar it isn't much more than what you might see in a large home kitchen with a breakfast bar. It was not busy and we were told we could seat ourselves by a server, who followed us right away to give us menus. The service was very friendly and our server was helpful when we asked her a couple of questions. My husband had the crab cakes, fried, which were 2 generous cakes that were seasoned well. I had a broiled plate of flounder, crab cake, shrimp and scallops. The shrimp and crab cake were the best of the 4, with the flounder being a bit mushy and the scallops just so-so. We each had a dinner salad which was basic, with tomato wedges, cucumber, and red onion. The balsamic vinaigrette dressing was a bit bland, but it did come on the side. My husband had cole slaw and potato salad for sides, while I had their featured corn and mashed potatoes. All were adequate but nothing memorable. We each had a glass of white wine, which was a generous pour, and the two glasses came to just $6.00! Where can you get a glass of wine for 3 bucks these days? No wine list, just the server telling you what is available. We didn't ask for the label, and the wines were satisfactory. Our bill came to about $46.00 for entree with salad and 2 sides each as part of the price, and wine. Okay food, decent crab cakes, easy for us to walk to and quick service. So this is really a diner and not what I would call a "restaurant." Good value for quick, casual food.

Visited May 2014
Cambridge, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Expected more”
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

I used to come here when this used to be the seashell cafe. I assumed since they kept the ambiance the same that the food would be of good quality. My service was not horrible but could have been better and the food was just horrible. I'm not a waster so I ate what I could and just let them throw the rest. My daughter enjoyed her kids pancakes but then again how can u mess up pancakes? I won't be back. There's plenty of other breakfast places where at a little extra cost I can get better food and service.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Erica408
Long Valley, New Jersey
“Great food in a great location”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We enjoyed both lunch and dinner at this diner and we totally suggest it to everyone. I had looked over their menu online and knew we had to visit there on our trip to the island. They are located right before the entrance to Assateague Island and it could not be a more convenient location. We really enjoyed everything they served and wish we had more time to try more of their food. The service was very fast and friendly. Each meal was very low cost and left me feeling like leaving a larger tip. We are looking forward to dining here for years to come.

• Visited April 2014