“Nothing Special At All”

Chincoteague Diner & Restaurant
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A family oriented diner featuring a full menu. We serve breakfast (all day) lunch and dinner and late night treats. Economically priced we feature a wide selection of omlets, waffles, pancakes and other breakfast specialties. Our entrees include a selection of seafood, Italian dishes and hearty diner classics. Kids are welcome and there are specials for them for breakfast and all meals. Be sure and check out our cakes, desserts, rice pudding and other desserts!
Benson
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nothing Special At All”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Canned & Frozen food, loud dining area, nice wait staff for very mediocre food at island prices. Used to be a great restaurant with truly good food - mourning the change of ownership or whatever brought the place down to this level.

• Visited July 2013

Maryland
“The kids liked it.”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

The food is good and well-priced. The service is OK. It was a good place to take the kids, but I wouldn't go there for a special occasion. They can get a little overwhelmed if it is busy, but I would go back.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Had higher expectations”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Food wasn't bad, but we were disappointed by the lack of menu selection. Fresh items - lettuce and tomato on sandwich didn't seem fresh for this time of year.

Maryland
“not the best”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

it's just a diner....the floors where filthy under the tables and a kid was sweeping as we ate but wasn't put much effort into a chair was never moved. The food though was just average nothing to write home about.

1 Thank Becki H
Chincoteague Island, Virginia
“Poor service”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We've gone there four times now and have had poor, slow service three of the four times. The food tastes pretty good, especially for the price, but be prepared to wait for your stuff. The waitresses and waiters hardly check on our table, so they don't refill your sodas or any of that. I asked for a side of sauce with my plate and the server didn't bring it out the first time, so we had to wait and wait for her to come around again so I could ask for it, and THEN we had to wait for her to come back. It would've been faster to just make my own food at home. There are 4-5 servers working there and a bus-boy or two, so I wouldn't say they were understaffed. Just particularly slow. I've worked in restaurants before, and I don't think its unreasonable to ask for timely service. One more thing- if it gets busy enough, it gets pretty loud. I felt like I was shouting at my husband during the dinner rush.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank L L
dlandsberger2, Public Relations Manager at Chincoteague Diner & Restaurant, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Diner. Most of all thank you for coming back FOUR times --- a sign that you really like the food! As you point out, great food at a great price is what keeps us busy -- so busy that sometimes we get a bit backed up. We will certainly speak to our staff and see if we can improve our service. As you know, our food comes out quicker than almost anyone else on the Island -- but sometimes our popularity makes us a bit busier than even we thought! Thanks again -- and keep on coming back -- the great food and the great prices will always be there!