“Nice Addition to the Island”

Chincoteague Diner & Restaurant
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A family oriented diner featuring a full menu. We serve breakfast (all day) lunch and dinner and late night treats. Economically priced we feature a wide selection of omlets, waffles, pancakes and other breakfast specialties. Our entrees include a selection of seafood, Italian dishes and hearty diner classics. Kids are welcome and there are specials for them for breakfast and all meals. Be sure and check out our cakes, desserts, rice pudding and other desserts!
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My daughter and I were so happy to see a new diner right next to our hotel, Best Western. The service was great and the food was good. I got a delicious tuna sandwich the first day and my daughter got her usual chicken fingers. She enjoyed those as well. The second night I ordered take out Chicken Parmesan. I didn't really enjoy that. We will definitely go back and try more from the menu. We loved the decor and the pleasant, efficient staff.

There are newer reviews for Chincoteague Diner & Restaurant

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Eating at the Chincoteague Diner and Restaurant was much like the diners in New Jersey...good food at a reasonable price. The menu had a good variety of choices, friendly staff, and comfortable atmosphere.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I should say that the service was excellent. However, the food was awful. My husband had the seafood special. None of it was fresh...the shrimp was rubbery and had no flavor, the flounder was old and the crab that it was stuffed with was too salty. My Philly cheesteak was recommended by our waitress... it was no better than average. We are frequent visitors to the Island, but will not be going back here. We really hoped the place was an improved over the previous tenant, Sea Shell Cafe.

1  Thank WriterMo27
dlandsberger2, Public Relations Manager at Chincoteague Diner & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

We are very sorry your meal did not meet your expectations.

We strive very hard to provide excellent service (which you commented on) as well as affordably priced meals that please a wide variety of diners

We can assure you that our fish is not "old" and that our shrimp is also top quality. It is unfortunate that its preparation was not to your liking, and we would love to have a chance to try again.

Many people have commented that our crab is delicious, and we again are sorry it was too salty for your taste -- perhaps next time you can advise us of your desire and we can not spice it as much as we normally do.

Our cheesesteaks are very popular. Many people come in just for them, but where you come from and what you are used to often determines what is "average" and what is "excellent". Again, let us know if you would like it prepared in another way, and we will do everything we can to please you.

The previous tenant, the Sea Shell, provided a different menu at a different price point -- at between two and three times the price, expectations should be different.

Please do give us another chance - we pride ourselves in providing the best value and best quality for the money on the Island and would love to prove it in the future

Reviewed April 8, 2013

It has a diner atmosphere, not stuffy, friendly. You know the dessert is going to be good. I had a salad that was chilled and crispy fresh. And the fettuccine alfredo. My wife had a salad and the roast turkey. Our waitress was friendly and our food came out fast. I had rice pudding and my wife some kind of double chocolate cake. Iced tea and soda were free refills. Plenty of good food for a reasonable price. We will be eating there a lot this summer. They are open "late" for Chincoteague also.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Went for lunch on Easter Sunday. Can't beat the food portion for the price. Had the open faced turkey - really good and a lot of it! Would recommend to all. Heard they have great breakfast too.