“The best diner in town..”

Chincoteague Diner & Restaurant
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A family oriented diner featuring a full menu. We serve breakfast (all day) lunch and dinner and late night treats. Economically priced we feature a wide selection of omlets, waffles, pancakes and other breakfast specialties. Our entrees include a selection of seafood, Italian dishes and hearty diner classics. Kids are welcome and there are specials for them for breakfast and all meals. Be sure and check out our cakes, desserts, rice pudding and other desserts!
Reviewed December 6, 2012

This was next to my hotel and i might say that their food is well priced and packed full of flavor. I went there for breakfast and they do pack your plate full of food. I had lunch there numerous times, had the chicken quesadilla which was huge and delicious, and their blacken chicken salad which had a lot of chicken on it. I loved this place for the food and the money spent. Thank You to the staff for being so friendly and the owner is a nice guy.

1  Thank Tracy L

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I love your food and prices please don't change. The staff is friendly and the manager is great with people. Love love love!

2  Thank Heatherl05
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Our hotel also recommended this location for meals so my wife and I had two lunches there Thanksgiving week. Taking into account that they just opened, so service is still getting organized, it was a great meal. My wife commented on how crispy the fries were and she loved the burger. The portions were good sized without being overwhelming. Servers were courteous and trying hard to keep up with what was an unexpected surge of traffic in the store. A wonderful place to feed the kids both large and small.

1  Thank Charles G
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We came to Chincoteague on Thanksgiving and were concerned we wouldn't have a place to eat. The front desk at the Refuge Inn told us to make reservations somewhere soon b/c places were filling up. The Diner was right across the street, so very convenient. And open on Thanksgiving for dinner. That fit the bill!

I didn't notice the 'filth' one of the other reviewers had mentioned. I thought it looked clean and welcoming.

My daughters loved the fact that breakfast was served all day! My youngest ordered the French Toast and Bacon from the adult menu. It came with 3 huge slices of delicious french toast. She ate one and we brought the rest back to the hotel for later enjoyment (and unlike most leftovers, she actually ate these!). My youngest got the Pancakes and Bacon. She also brought the leftovers home and ate them. My husband (who fancies himself a pancake connoisseure) said they were really good, even 2 days old!

My PILs both had the turkey dinner. They could have shared this platter! It came with a very large portion of turkey, mashed potatoes and stuffing all smothered with gravy. There was also sweet potato casserole, collard greens and a slice of pumpkin pie. They said the whole platter was delicious, but the stuffing might have been a little soggy.

My husband had the meatloaf dinner with mashed potatoes and said it was good, which is a great review coming from him. I had the crab cake sandwich. It was good, but not great.

The service left a bit to be desired. It took quite a while to get the food and when we did get it there were a few sides missing. But the waitress was attentive and brought everything that was missing when asked. Considering this place just opened last Friday, I think it was quite good and the bugs will be worked out eventually!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Have been at the Chincoteague Diner a few times. Always good and always clean. I make a lot of changes and they are always accommodating. They use Cholula hot sauce so that wins for me. I'm tired of being handed tabasco - which just isn't the same. Home fries are made with real potatoes. This place is a real plus!