“The most enjoyable experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Waterside Inn

Waterside Inn
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“The most enjoyable experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2010

I am a traveling musician and have stayed at a number of hotels all over the world. The Waterside Inn in Chincoteague was a very pleasant, relaxing two night stay. I will go back and vacation next year and stay a week. Clean, friendly, easy parking, beautiful sunset. Perfect..

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2010

This was our first trip to the island. We booked the Waterside for its proximity to town, the water and price. We were pleased by the friendliness of the staff. You actually fill out a registration card at check in like in the 'old days'. The room was very clean and had all the amenities we needed - fridge, microwave, pool.

I enjoyed being on the quieter side of the island away from all the crowds. The trip to the beach is less than 10 minutes so it's not far away from the action.

This wasn't a negative, so don't read it as such. The carpeting in the room, the bedspreads and furniture were a little outdated, but the mattresses and box springs appeared new and were comfortable.

Overall, you can tell that this is well run and well maintained place where they do care about the customer and your experience. We will be back again!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2010

Each year my husband and I and a large group of friends go to Chincoteague for Oyster Festival in October and every year we stay at the Waterside Inn. Donna (the owner) and her staff are wonderful and we wouldn't stay anywhere else. It's a fabulous location with beautiful views and a friendly atmosphere. Can't wait to go back this year!

• Stayed October 2009
Richmond, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2010

We stayed at the Waterside inn…I research things to death and after reading a lot of reviews on Tripadvisor I decided on this hotel for a few different reasons – one – the view of the water, heated pool and the private pier that we could fish off of.

As for the price – it is about average of what you will find around the island – there are some that are a little less expensive – some that are more.

I will say if you go with this hotel – call them directly to make reservations – I did it on-line and I don’t know if there was a computer glitch or what but they didn’t have any record of my reservation – but they had rooms and were very apologetic about not having my reservation so all was good

The place is a family run establishment – it is an older establishment and you can definitely tell that – however it is kept in good condition and clean. The rooms are a bit dated but nice and clean - housekeeping came in every day and tidied up - the housekeepers were very friendly as well – there was a little bit of staining in the bathtub – but that is to be expected from something that is a number of years old. The room was roomy – enough room for our family of four…The beds were OK but considering I am used to sleeping on a nice top fo the line type matteress at home - I think everywhere I go the matteresses are just OK...

If you do get a room there I would suggest paying the extra $ to get a higher floor than 1st floor so you can have the view of the bay rather than a view of a fence…I would also suggest asking for a room closer to the pool – we had room 201 – which was right next to the main building and was a little noisy sitting on the deck with the air conditioner for the Spa room right next to us.

The view was terrific…for the price I would rather have a beautiful view of the bay than say a view of house on Maddox Street (as that was where some of the other hotels in the same price range are) and I love the view from the pool - the bay - a lot better then traffic

They also have an enclosed Spa room with a Jacuzzi for ages 18 and above - we didn't go in there since we had little ones with us...

The pool was nice – the deck chairs were very nice - they looked new…not a large pool but from driving around the island and seeing other pools it was about the same size as others…plus the fact it was open until 1am…

They have a private pier – my girls loved walking out on it and we brought their fishing rods – they didn’t catch much but Algae but loved it none the less. They also loved the fact that the ducks came every night and settled on a patch of grass near the pier – in fact one evening 2 ducks followed us on our walk down the pier.

They do have a breakfast available – your basic fare – Belgian Waffles, assorted pastries, doughnuts, individual cereals, apples and bagels. The room in which to eat isn’t very large – just 2-3 small tables – but they do provide a tray in your room – each morning we went down got what we wanted and brought it back up to our room on the tray. We aren’t a Full on eggs and bacon type of breakfast family so what they had available was more then plentiful for us.

Overall it was great for us…good price…good room…GREAT view…GREAT amenities – I would highly recommend it and if we ever go back to Chincoteague we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank jlynnva
ypsilanti
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2010

My daughter and I booked this hotel for one night and spent the other 3 on the boardwalk in Ocean City, MD. If we could have done it over, we would have spent 4 days here and just traveled to OC. The rooms were clean, very well furnished and the staff couldn't have been nicer. There is a great heated pool and a Jaccuzi for adults only! It's in a perfect spot and we will be returning.

• Stayed June 2010
1 Thank karyl711
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2010

The best way I can describe the waterside inn is as a high-end motel. If you're looking for a clean room with gorgeous water views and a private balcony, then you'll be thrilled. However, if you come here expecting a resort then you'll be disappointed by the absence of overnight staff, the poor sound insulation, the meager continental breakfast, etc. I really think the manicured roses around the parking lot kind of sum up the waterside's philosophy - take an ordinary motel and do everything you can to elevate it.

We were able to see ducks and crabs doing battle around the pier and swim in the pool until late at night - we had a wonderful 1st anniversary stay. Note that we stayed in a diplomat suite in early June, just before the heavy tourist season picks up.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2010

Just returned from spending a special birthday weekend on Chincoteague Island and stayed at the Waterside Inn. Read the reviews on Tripadvisor and decided to take a chance and I am glad I did. If you are looking for luxury then this is not the place, however, if you are looking for a modest comfortable place with a very friendly, accomodating staff, then this is where you should stay. My husband and I will definietly be back and I would highly recommend the Waterside Inn.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple