“Excellent high-end motel”
Review of Waterside Inn

Waterside Inn
Reviewed June 6, 2010

The best way I can describe the waterside inn is as a high-end motel. If you're looking for a clean room with gorgeous water views and a private balcony, then you'll be thrilled. However, if you come here expecting a resort then you'll be disappointed by the absence of overnight staff, the poor sound insulation, the meager continental breakfast, etc. I really think the manicured roses around the parking lot kind of sum up the waterside's philosophy - take an ordinary motel and do everything you can to elevate it.

We were able to see ducks and crabs doing battle around the pier and swim in the pool until late at night - we had a wonderful 1st anniversary stay. Note that we stayed in a diplomat suite in early June, just before the heavy tourist season picks up.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Waterside Inn

Reviewed June 6, 2010

Just returned from spending a special birthday weekend on Chincoteague Island and stayed at the Waterside Inn. Read the reviews on Tripadvisor and decided to take a chance and I am glad I did. If you are looking for luxury then this is not the place, however, if you are looking for a modest comfortable place with a very friendly, accomodating staff, then this is where you should stay. My husband and I will definietly be back and I would highly recommend the Waterside Inn.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2010

We had a nice stay at Waterside on Memorial Day weekend. The ladies on staff were so nice and helpful. Great pool location next to the water, and we were so happy to have grills & picnic tables to use just outside the pool fence on the waterfront (only wish the picnic tables had a hole for our beach umbrella, shade for picnics helps the skin and food ;) - easy fix). Room, balcony, bathroom and housekeeping were all good, and the laundry room was helpful to keep our beach towels clean and dry. We fished and crabbed on the dock, and had great fun there, before and after our trips to the beach. Our three kids are asking when we can come back!! Thanks for a nice Holiday

Reviewed June 2, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for the first time over the Memorial Day holiday. When we return to Chincoteague, we won’t look anywhere else. We had stayed at the Hampton Inn before. The Waterside Inn has it all, including free docks and pool, at half the price. It was quiet, immaculate and the owners were very gracious. This is the place in Chincoteague, especially if you’re into biking and kayaking like us. And don't forget to smell the roses.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 16, 2010

This was my first trip to Chincoteague, and I couldn't have chosen a better Hotel! Very friendly and helpful staff. Everything was pleasant, extremely clean, and a very relaxing atmosphere! The balcony from the room overlooked the water and a private dock. Very reasonably priced! I would recommend this hotel to anyone and will be a return customer!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 16, 2010

We stayed here for one night. Since we checked in late, the hotel left the key in an envelop outside the office door for us. In a way, it was convenient but it would be nice to have staff on board 24/7 in case we needed help. As expected as I'd read the reviews prior to the trip, the decor was dated. However, it was very clean. The hotel is a little bit farther from where all the actions are compared to other accommodations in the area. But as I recalled, I think it's still in a walking distance to restaurants. What I found most uncomfortable for me was high pillows. My husband had a problem with the mattresses being too hard. So we both didn't get a restful sleep. The breakfast area shares the same space with the office. There were only 2 tables which seemed a bit limited. There was a staff person assisting us in making the waffles or for whatever we needed help with.
Pro: decent water view, very clean
Cons: outdated decor, hard mattresses and high pillows, balcony has no privacy

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2010

I liked this Inn very much. It was in a great location on the channel. Wonderful view. The rooms were very clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. This Inn may be a little bit older than some of the other "Brand Name" hotels on the same strip and the decor may be a bit dated but it was still in good condition and very clean. The room was very roomy as well. We stayed on the third floor with a King size bed. It was a nice quaint little place.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends