“So comfortable”
Review of Waterside Inn

Waterside Inn
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stumbled onto theWaterside Inn looking for a single night stay. Fortunately they had a room and we were so pleased. Super clean, pool open till 1 am, beautiful roses, delicious breakfast (the best scrambled eggs, ever), friendly staff, and away from all the hustle, bustle, and traffic. Very quiet and yet not too far from shops and restaurants. Also very reasonably priced, especially compared to Hampton and Comfort. Waterside location for boating and fishing, also.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FANDM

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Best part is balcony to see sun set over the bay. Nice surprise was eggs or waffles for breakfast. Not luxurious but good value. Rooms were clean and quiet. Nice little pool on the water. The staff is VERY friendly and accommodating with any questions. They had menus for most of the restaurants in Chincoteague. It is not far at all to get to the beach. I would much rather be water to see sunsets than be nearer to the ocean. A great place for couples or families with kids.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the water so you can have a good view of the sunset.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Motzof4
Reviewed July 21, 2012

This isn't the newest or most modern inn on Chincoteague but we love it here. The rooms are neat as a pin and have many thoughtful touches.The breakfast provided is a money saver. The staff is wonderfully friendly and will assist in any request. The views from the pier are unparralelled and the hundreds of roses in front are a joy.

Room Tip: Rooms with higher #s have better views. eg 112 and up. 212 and up. . .
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We recently stayed at the Waterside inn and had a wonderful experience. The room was clean and the surrounding very quiet and relaxing. You are very close to everything but can enjoy listening to sea gulls and enjoying the water views. We The roses grown here are beautiful and we certainly would recommend this as a great place to stay. Oh, and I forgot to mention the cooked to order waffles for breakfast!

Room Tip: We had a first floor room and it was very quiet.
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We had never been to Chincoteague and decided to go for a couple days with friends. We couldn't have asked for anything more with then this place! Clean rooms, very friendly and helpful staff, beautiful pool next to the bay, private dock, decks on all rooms with a great view of the bay at sunset, and on and on. One thing I was disappointed in was I didn't get to photograph a sunset from the deck, but I guess I can't blame the weather on them! Will definetly be back next year.

Room Tip: I will be asking for a room by the pool next year so I'll be able to see kids at the pool from t...
Reviewed July 17, 2012

My daughter and I spent three nights at this hotel recently and had a delightful time. It was conveniently located to the downtown historic district of Chincoteague Island in one direction and to the island's Pony Round-Up Firemen's Carnival in another direction, both by short walks. Assateague Island National Seashore is just a 10-15 minute drive. The owners, apparently having been there for some time, were extremely knowledgeable and recommended places to go and things to do. It had a superb view of the Chincoteague Bay with great sunrise and majestic sunset views. The property and grounds were clean and well-maintained. The continental breakfast was just enough for those who don't like large meals first thing in the morning, though I wish there had been bananas as I am not an apple eater. I would suggest the hand-made waffles as a filling meal. Though the furnishings were dated, I was impressed with the quality of the mattress I had. Having a bad back for close to 35 years, I slept like a "bug-in-a rug" on the Inn's bed. I also noticed, in contrast to many hotels, that there was virtually little noise from outside our room (never heard a soul walk or run by), though we were located in a room away from the stairs which I would suggest. The owners have one of the most beautiful rose gardens I have ever seen... over 450 roses of every color imaginable. I was impressed with this as I am lucky to get two roses all summer.

The Waterside Inn was a surprizing treat for my daughter and I. For the money, I would recommend it for those travelling to this quant island on the Eastern Shore of Virginia.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the stairways.
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I can't say enough about this place rooms were very clean although dated ,the staff is extremely friendly and bend over backwards to help you whatever you may need . Roses surround the hotel and are very nice. The pool is excellent and well cared for there is a dock so you can put your boat practically in front of your room. The carnival is easy walking distance as well as downtown shops. They have condos as well