Inn at Poplar Corner
Comfort Suites Chincoteague(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
$149
$169
Chincoteague Inn(Chincoteague Island)
$79
$69
Waterside Inn(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
$111
Days Inn Chincoteague Island(Chincoteague Island)
$93
Anchor Inn(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
$107
Best Western Chincoteague Island(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
$130
$127
Agoda.com
$209
Priceline
Refuge Inn(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
$116
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 19, 2008

This was my first time staying in a B&B and now I swear by them. I will be back to this inn again such much fun and so romantic. I had a great stay. The B&B was so clean and nice. Linda is amazing. She had what you needed before you could even ask. The little treats, like cookies and brownies, were such a nice touch. It really gave it that homey feeling.
We stayed in the Main Room which was so romantic. The whirpool tub was excellent. Make sure you only use a little of the bubble bath. We used a lot and were overwhelmed by bubbles. We had too much fun, the baby is our parting gift.
Try AJ's restaurant the food was great (get the crab cake), some of the best on the island. Don't do Don's if you can help it. The food had no flavor, but it was extremely fresh.
The Wildlife Reserve and Beach are great and only 5 minutes away. We forgot our beach stuff and were able to go back and get everything and still have plenty of time for sunbathing. Oh try the BBQ truck on the side of the road on the way to the Reserve, excellent chicken and coleslaw.
The beach was extremely clean and the Reserve was amazing. You must go on at least one of the trails. Also go across the street from the B&B and go on the evening boat tour with Capt. Bill, he is a laugh riot. You will see parts of the island you can't even imagine. If you really want to see the island and have some fun go on the 90 min. jet ski tour. Now that was fun.
If you want to relax and just enjoy yourself go here.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2008

A truly delightful B & B. The rooms are quaint and immaculate. Morning breakfast was a real treat.
Linda, the inn keeper was very unobtrusive but always available. I was there in early October. It was a little cool but great for wondering the trails and beach to watch the wildlife.
What a great value for such a wonderful stay!
I only wish it was closer to Texas so I could visit more often.

• Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed September 6, 2008

An outstanding B & B. A Victorian Reproduction - very well done. I am fussy and the Inn at Poplar Corners place was immaculate. Morning breakfast was always a treat. It is only a 5 minute drive to the National WildLife Refuge and beautiful beaches. Linda, owner and host was always available but never intrusive. We were there Sept 3 thu 6; 08 a great time, the crowds have left and the weather this time of the year is usually very good ( give or take a hurricane or two) and our weather was perfect. Rate was off season and I think a value for a quality B & B.

About three to three and a half hour drive from the Philadelphia area. Not very much to do after the beech so if you bring children take advantage of the Park Service tours or wear them out at the beach.

On MainStreet in Chincoteaque the only restaurant we would suggest was Captain Bill's. We had lunch there, but not dinner. Later we heard that the Steamers was very good but we did not have a chance to try it.

I hope we get a chance to return.

Reviewed August 19, 2008

The Inn at Poplar Corner is absolutely stunning! I was a little concerned before arriving as their website does not have the best photos, in fact, it does not do the house justice at all. Upon walking in the door, everything is beautiful and immaculate. The hosts, Linda and Charity, are very helpful and accomodating. It is obvious that they go above and beyond and their attention to detail is commendable. Fresh baked treats are available in the afternoon and there are little chocolate surprises around every corner - a bonus for a person with a sweet tooth, such as myself. The wrap around porch is absolutely charming and a great place to enjoy the charm of Chincoteague, be sure to love on Marie, the resident outdoor kitty... Also the owner of the Watson House, just across the street, is very pleasant and wandered over to give us restaurant and places to see tips. A very friendly community!

We stayed in the Lavender Room and were lucky enough to have the entire house to ourselves that evening. I peeked around into all the other rooms and they were equally as charming. All of the rooms are very spacious - huge compared to other B&B's I have stayed in. Our room did not have a bayview which we did not mind in the least, the room was gorgeous enough without one. I especially loved that there were not TV's in the room, just stacks of magazines to enjoy and books spread throughout the house. The bed was extremely comfortable, the jacuzzi for two was amazing and the Inn actually makes their own soaps, shampoo, lotion, etc.... Overall, it was a wonderful evening and I didn't want to leave in the morning.

Breakfast was delicious, served at 9am, with coffee available at 7:30. The Inn provides cruiser bikes for guests to use, along with beach towels, chairs, and anything else a person could want for a trip to Assateague. Assateague Island is about a mile and a half away from the house, and another mile and a half to the beach. It is in a very convenient location - close to everything and right downtown...

I could ramble on and on about this sweet house but guess I should end now. I would like to add that we did stay at two other B&B's while on the island, toured two others - and can say that the Inn at Poplar Corner is definitely the most beautiful on the island. Book now and enjoy your stay, you truly won't be sorry

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 4, 2008

I loved the wrap around porch sitting there with my cold coke by my side (the frig is full of anything you might want to drink).

The breakfast both days was delicious and such a variety of food. In the afternoon when you came back to the inn there were always treats there to safisfy your hunger until you went out to dinner.

The rooms were cozy, compy and beautifully decorated, in fact the inn was beautifully decorated.

I'm coming back next year.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)