Best Western Chincoteague Island
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Refuge Inn(Chincoteague Island)
Dove Winds(Chincoteague Island)
View Hotel
Days Inn Chincoteague Island(Chincoteague Island)
Assateague Inn(Chincoteague Island)
Chincoteague Inn(Chincoteague Island)
View Hotel
Sea Hawk Motel(Chincoteague Island)
  • Pool
Rodeway Inn(Chincoteague Island)
View Hotel
Snug Harbor Marina and Cottages(Chincoteague Island)
  • Beachfront
Sea Shell Motel(Chincoteague Island)
1,333 results
All reviewsclosest hotelwildlife refugenational parkthe breakfast areacookieslight houseassateague lighthousebike rentalsgreat place to stayroom was largecomfortable bedsoff seasonfront desk staffyogurtwonderful hotelwild poniescomplimentary breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 17, 2006

Just wanted to get away for a few days. We decided to stay at the Best Western after checking out this site and checking the pricing.
The Best Western is an outstanding value for the location and the price.
The room is large with two oh so comfortable queen size beds. The mattresses have pillow tops and the actual pillows are twice the size of a regular pillow.
The room is immaculate!! There is a small refrigerator, coffee maker, hair dryers, soaps, shampoos, etc in each room.
Each room has a balcony or patio with chairs. Each nite we sat on the patio and looked out over the marsh and the lighthouse.
Each morning there is a free breakfast with lots of delicious food such as belgian waffles and fruit.
The grounds are well kept.
An excellent place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2006
6  Thank lindabail
Reviewed October 27, 2005

My parents, my son, and I stayed at the Best Western last week for two nights. This was our first visit to Chincoteague and we came to see all the Misty "hot spots" like the statue, hoofprints at the theatre, etc. The staff at the hotel was incredibly nice and very helpful in giving information about things to see relating to Misty of Chincoteague. I had quite a few questions and "Dawn" at the front desk was extremely nice and very patient.
I am quite picky about cleanliness and can always find something in a hotel room that has not been cleaned thoroughly (a hair in the tub, a smudge on the counter, etc.). Well, the Best Western was immaculate! Housekeeping does a most superb job here!
Another plus of this hotel is its great location. It is practically at the base of the bridge to Assateague, so we just hopped on our bikes and went right over.
All in all, this is a wonderful place to stay and the staff is outstanding.

• Stayed: October 2005
3  Thank KammyG1
Reviewed September 27, 2005

We stayed at this hotel from 9/10/05 to 9/13/05 & had a very good experience! The room was very clean, & included a small fridge. The staff were friendly & helpful. We had a great time at the pool-lovely landscaping around it. McDonald's is directly across the street. The best part of this hotel is the location-you're the last hotel before crossing the bridge onto Asateague Island-very convenient for biking!

The only areas that could use a little improving: their breakfast bar could use a little more variety; in the evening, we could occasionally hear the people above us walking across their floor. No biggies! All in all, we truly enjoyed our stay here & would recommend it to just about everyone!

Reviewed September 4, 2005

Only stayed one night, but this was a very clean, well appointed hotel. Perfect for the end of a long vacation. Rooms were nice sized with 2 queen beds and a balcony or porch that faced the pool. The continental breakfast was first rate with fresh fruit, make-your-own waffles, hot and cold cereals, milk, juice and coffee, etc. The staff was VERY friendly and helpful with directions and information. A pony pen is right across the street and the kids enjoyed petting and feeding the ponies. This hotel is at the end of Chincoteague, right next to the bridge to Assateague. Chincoteague is sprayed for mosquitoes, but Assateague is not. If you are going to Assateague, put on your bug spray before you head out. We got hit with mosquitoes as soon as we got out of the car on Assateague.

2  Thank speechmom
Reviewed August 30, 2005

The room was clean and comfortable. However, according to their website, all rooms have a view of Assateague and the lighthouse, which was confirmed over the phone when I made my reservation. The room provided only had a view of the parking lot and a McDonald's. If I didn't care about the view, I would have booked a room at any of the much less expensive hotels down the street.

Because of the room problem, they provided a reduced rate, which was still more than what I would have paid at one of the other hotels I considered. If I was not happy with it, the manager rudely asked me if I would be checking out immediately.

Upon checkout, they charged me for a night I never booked. When I contested it, they kept cutting me off and snidely saying "Yes you did." When I raised my voice to be heard, one of them pointed her finger at me and condescendingly said "Don't you raise your voice!" How frustrating! Ultimately, they tried to charge me almost double of what I should have been charged!

I will NEVER stay at this hotel again unless Best Western, which bought the hotel about a week or two ago, replaces its manager and some of its desk staff.

• Stayed: August 2005
13  Thank Jason275
Management response:Responded September 28, 2005

The Best Western Chincoteague Island offers clean, comfortable, spacious, and beautifully appointed rooms. All of our rooms have a patio or balcony at the front of our hotel. And most rooms offer a view of the Assateague Lighthouse and channel. We are located at the entrance to Assateague Island, the wildlife refuge and beach.

Our rates are compatible with the other 3-star hotels on the island. We sincerely try to make each guest feel comfortable and at home while staying with us. We pride ourselves on our large return customer base and are appreciative of each one. We recently became a member of the Best Western International family. Our staff and ownership are the same; the only thing that changed was our operating name. We look forward to meeting new guests and providing them with a wonderful vacation on our island home with a spacious, clean, and comfortable room, easy access to Assateague Island, a hot fulfilling continental breakfast with homemade Belgium waffles.

We have a 72 hour cancellation policy for reservations.

Our front office staff treats each guest courteously as they expect to be treated in return