“Excellent friendly service and super location.”

BEST WESTERN Chincoteague Island
DC/NoVa
“Excellent friendly service and super location.”
Reviewed September 13, 2009

Just returned from what was supposed to be a beach week in Chincoteague / Assateague. Unfortunately, it rained every day, and for all or most of each day... (sigh). The only thing that saved the trip was the friendliness and great service from the folks at the Best Western. This hotel has the best location on the island; literally a stone's throw from the entrance to the National Park / Wildlife Refuge. Most (if not all) of the rooms have lovely views of the lighthouse. The BW provides a decent value for the money: the rooms are clean and modern, with flat screen TVs and new bathroom fixtures, and the free breakfast is ample, although not gourmet. Upon my discovery that my room fridge had no freezer, the hotel staff were more than happy to store my cold packs in their fridge and to fetch them for me each day at my request. And to make the breakfast room microwave available for everyone's use, 24/7. When I reported a minor problem with one of the sinks, the staff was solicitous and responsive. The sink was fixed immediately, and I received a nice note and some chocolates as an apology. The only thing I can take issue with is that the construction of the building seemed flimsy; I could hear the footsteps of the person(s) immediately above me at all hours. Alas, the inhospitable weather meant that I was unable to partake of the hotel's pool, rental bikes, etc., so I am unable to comment about them. But I do plan to return to Chincoteague (in better weather!), and I will definitely stay at the BW again. Stay tuned for another review!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Bucks County
Reviewed September 13, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Best Western for 5 days. We have been to the island before but not at this hotel. It was a great experience. From the friendly staff to the comfortable beds, overall, a terrific hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Va
Reviewed August 27, 2009

This hotel is wonderful. If I stay at a chain hotel it is usually Hilton or Marriott. I had never stayed at a Best Western before until I stayed here. I enjoyed every minute I spent at this hotel. The location is great. It is the closest hotel to Assateague where the beach and ponies are. They have bike rentals and games out back. The pool area is nice and beautifully decorated with flowers. The morning breakfast is good. I had booked 3 nights called down there before I went and changed it to 2 nights. While there I decided to change back to 3 nights and it was no problem. The ladies at the front desk are very nice. I was always greeted by name weather I was stopping to talk to them or just in passing. The only problems I had were the bathroom door knob was hard to turn and I could hear the people above me walking and slamming their door to the balcony and that is picking. It was truly a great place to stay. I highly recommend the Best Western.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Maryland
Reviewed August 18, 2009

Upon arrival at the Best Western we were told that no rooms were available and we were booked at another hotel for free. The Best Western staff was courteous and apologized several times for the inconvenience. We did not get a chance to stay at the hotel.

The hotel is strategically located and is closest to the Assateague Beach Entrance.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Upstate NY
Reviewed August 16, 2009

Excellent friendly and helpful front desk and housekeeping staff! Very close to the beach!
Great breakfast-waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage and gravy, cereal, danishes, muffins, bagels, biscuits! Awesome hotel. The pool was very nice and grounds and flowers were beautiful. Room was spacious with nice balcony.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Virginia
Reviewed August 10, 2009

When we come to the Island--and we do every year--we rent a house. But when we come for a weekend, we stay here.

The rooms are lovely--well appointed and the beds are EXCELLENT. The staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfast is fine--and if the weather is nice, you can eat at tables outside as well as inside. The landscaping is nice and there is an outdoor pool. And it's quiet here at night.

We need a kitchen and more space for a week. And a lower weekly rental rate. If it weren't for those things, we might stay here every time we come to the Island. Certainly we will whenever we do a long weekend!

You can walk right into the Refuge and/or rent bikes across the street.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
St.Mary's County MD
Reviewed August 1, 2009

My sons age 9 and 11 and myself had a wonderful stay . The staff was courteous and assisted us in any ways. ?They answered all questions and gave helpful tips. The rooms were very clean the comfortable. The bike rental on site was great as well as the volley ball and corn bag game. The pool was great. The location is ideal as you are not right in town but at the end of the island before you go over to Assateague is great. The view of the lighthouse is wonderful. It is with in walking/ riding distance to stores and restaurants. Their breakfast is great and the kids loved making their own waffles. We were there for pony pennying week and on the day of the swim they served breakfast very early so you could make your boat or just get up early to get a get spot.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family