For the most part, the stay was as lovely as I have come to expect from Best Western.
Maybe that is the problem with having a good reputation -- when you do a good job people accept it as normal instead of remarking on it as good.
The room looked clean and smelled clean. Front desk staff was friendly and enthusiastic and helpful. Housekeeping staff was gracious and did their job well.
I like the artwork in the rooms: well-done landscapes and other nature scenes of the mid-Atlantic shore, and each of the six rooms I saw had a different pair of paintings.
Compared to other Best Western hotels I have stayed at, they are stingy with their afternoon cookies. But then, other chains don't necessarily offer afternoon cookies at all.
The billing department has a couple really annoying policies.
(1) When I checked out, they did not ask "do you want to leave this on the card you started with?" They locked it in before I got to the desk to check out. I wanted to pay with a different card and the clerk told me it was quite impossible to change to a different card.
(2) When I checked in and signed the check-in documents with a statement of expected charges, the daily room rate was quoted as about one hundred forty-something dollars plus tax.
The amount billed was $170.99 plus tax.
I asked about the discrepancy, and was told that the $170.99 is the one-hundred-forty-something plus the tax that they told me about in the original estimate,
and the taxes listed on the final statement (state sales tax and occupancy tax) are two other taxes they did not bother to tell me about in the original estimate.
That feels like fraud.
And of course, settling up is my last experience of the hotel, so I remember it more than I remember the rest of the stay.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Best Western Chincoteague Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Chincoteague Island Hotel Chincoteague Island
- Chincoteague Island Best Western