“Clean and Friendly”

Hampton Inn and Suites Chincoteague-Waterfront
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Great location, right on the waterfront and convenient to get to. The hotel seems new, is clean, nice and friendly. Breakfast was very good and the Pool was great too! This is the best place to stay in Chincoteague. This is the best place to stay in Chincoteague.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I got a little disoriented having 8 (7 or 8) busts of Conrad Hilton looking at me in the lounge (Connie awards for excellence) but our stay there met our expectations of spaciousness, cleanliness and comfortable sleeping. A room on the second or third floor would have been preferable but none with two beds were available. The view was okay but not superb.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I usually look for a Hampton Inn when I travel because I like their mix of high quality at a fair price. This particular Hampton claims that they have won awards for being the best of the entire chain, and I believe it. The check-in was effortless and pleasant. The room had a great view of the water, and it was spotless. The beds were comfortable and the heat/AC worked flawlessly.

As with all Hamptons, there is an excellent free breakfast buffet available. The eggs were a bit rubbery, but they don't lose points for that because it is almost impossible to keep eggs at their peak of taste after they have been cooked. The sausage and bacon that came with the eggs was good. There is a self-serve waffle maker, but I didn't try it. If you are into healthier eating they also have fresh fruit, yogurt and both hot & cold cereal. Breakfast at the water's edge is a very pleasant way to start the day!

Freshly-brewed coffee and tea is available around the clock. This is especially welcome when you check in after driving for many hours.

The only minor quibble that I had was with the television. The TV set itself was nice, but they could offer a few more channels. Even with that (minor) item I still rate this hotel as outstanding and I will stay there again if I return to Chincoteague.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I don't ever write reviews, but this hotel is definitely worthy of one. Great location right on the waterfront, lovely sunset from our balcony, spacious room with 2 queen beds and a sofa, large HD tv, refrigerator and microwave. The bed was very comfortable. What really impressed me was the cleanliness of the hotel. Going into most hotels you see the bedspread, which I immediately turn down, for you don't want to know what's on it. At the Hampton Inn they wash the divet between guests. Included in the room charge is a full breakfast, not just a cold danish, but bacon and eggs. You can eat in a lovely open area that has murals on the wall of scenes in Chincoteague. You can walk to many shops and restaurants from the hotel. The hotel staff was very helpful with ideas of things to do, made reservations for us. My husband and I look forward to returning to the Hampton Inn!

Room Tip: This review was for a waterfront room on the second floor
1  Thank Katy I
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I've never stayed in a Hampton inn before, but this changed my mind. The room, the lobby,the pool area were all spotless- not even any dust in the corners!! I had a room on the first floor, with a 'side view' of the water- which is exactly what it was- you had to look to the right to see the water, the only bad thing was right in front of you were a few rather old looking buildings. If you have a choice, take either the direct waterfront ( a bit pricier) or take a room on the other side of the building. The bed was soooo comfortable, it was great sleeping with the sliding door open and the breakfast in the morning was great!!! There was hot and cold cereal, coffee, tea orange apple and cranberry juice, waffles, muffins, different kinds of bread to make toast, biscuits and gravy, definatly enough to fill you up- if you went away hungry it was your fault! The indoor pool was so warm, I didn't want to get out. Not a very big pool, there were several kids and a few adults in the water, so it was rather crowded to do any kind of real swimming. The only bad thing I encountered was when I first walked into the room, it smelled very strongly of a very bad air freshener- and the blanket on the bed smelled like that too. I went right to the front desk to see if I could get a different room, but the clerk said they spray Febreeze in every room. The best thing to do is to open the doors, and the smell will go away. We left the sliding door open, took the valubles to the car and went out to eat. Several hours later, we came back and the cheap air freshener smell was still there, so to the pool we went, with the sliding door still open.- thankfully the smell did go away, about 4 hours later. If you have any issues with bad or cheap scents, this is not the place for you- unless you don't mind leaving the room with the sliding doors open. I'd visit this place again.

Room Tip: don't take the rooms overlooking the rather old buildings. Not very scenic!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 16, 2012

On a whim, we took a last-minute romantic trip to Chincoteague and stayed for a long Columbus Day weekend. We stayed in the King Whirlpool room with a waterfront view and did not want to leave... it was a gorgeous view and a relaxing time.

The room was sparkling clean (we had no hesitations about the whirlpool tub, the shower, the carpets, anything!), the hot tub & pool were well-maintained, the breakfast was phenomenal with a great selection of options every morning. The 24-hour complimentary tea and coffee in the lobby was truly icing on the cake.

We've stayed in other fancier hotel chains (like Westin & Ritz-Carlton) and have not been impressed. Who'd have thought the nicest hotel we've ever stayed at was in Chincoteague??

Every encounter with the staff was positive- even the chance meetings with housekeeping in the elevator- and we felt completely at home and pampered. The staff was friendly and clearly happy! The manager is doing something right. We will come back!

Room Tip: Spring for the water view room! It was worth it!
1  Thank VacatingBlonde
Reviewed October 15, 2012

No wonder this Hampton Inn ranks highest out of all lodging possibilities on charming Chincoteague Island. The staff and management are off-the-charts in countless ways. You may be greeted by Pat or Heather on the front desk, and you'll find that they respond to visitors' needs in a way that makes you "feel right at home." Trust me; I am not exaggerating. Out of all the Hamptons in which we have stayed (avid travelers, I've lost count), this location most closely deserves its top ranking. Thank y'all for a memorable and rejuvenating stay. m & d

Room Tip: Highly recommend a waterfront room, as there's magic in the light and the water during sunrise a...