“Best Place To Stay In Chincoteague” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn and Suites Chincoteague-Waterfront

Hampton Inn and Suites Chincoteague-Waterfront
“Best Place To Stay In Chincoteague”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I just finished a 3 night stay at this hotel. We very much enjoyed our stay at the Hampton Inn and would highly recommend it. The hotel is very clean and the staff is friendly. The breakfast in the morning is excellent with many things to choose from. They have coffee and tea available all night.

The hotel is within easy walking distance of the downtown area with restaurants and shops. You could also walk to Mr Whippy which is right around the corner on Maddox Ave.

Assuming you get a waterview room, the sunset from your balcony is as beautiful as any along the Eastern Shore. Some people on their review mentioned the boat dock next to the Hampton as a distraction. Our room was on the second floor right on the corner overlooking the boat dock and it didn't bother us in the least bit.

The only possible negative is my wife did not think the bed was comfortable. However, I thought is was just fine. So I guess it's just a matter of personal preference. I did bring my own DVD player as they do not have in room movies. The hook up was easy since the TVs are all flat screens.

Overall, if you're like us and like to bike, hike and got to the beach during the day but want a comfortable, clean place to stay at night. This is the best on Chincoteague.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Liam L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is gorgeous, oriented to the water. King studio has wet bar and recliner as well as sofabed. Soft sheets and silky comforter. Supportive, pillow top mattress. Huge balcony with water view. Ducks galore. I love it, and I don't say that too often.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank EllKell
Chester, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

Great hotel, very friendly, wonderful breakfast. Beautiful landscaping. Boat dock next to hotel. Lots of good resturants close by.

Room Tip: Higher floor on water side.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Washington, D.C.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

This is one of the nicest Hampton Inns I've stayed in, thanks to its beautiful waterfront location. What impressed me most was how clean it was and how friendly the staff was. The breakfast was a delight each day and they even mailed my boyfriend's shirt back to him after he mistakenly left it behind. My only suggestion would be to speak to their neighbors about clearing away some of the old trailers and assorted items that detract from the view out of the side of the hotel...but that's probably out of their control.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Purcellville, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

On one of the hottest day of the summer we arrived at the hotel. It was clean, had pleasant staff and a beatiful view in the community lounge. The hotel room was very nice and cool. Their air conditioning worked very well. I was a little disappointed with the view. We looked over a trash bin and rusted out old cars and bikes. Th complimentary breakfast was nice and the staff was very pleasant.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a good view of the water.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

All of the reviews are correct - this Hampton is a cut above the rest!

Our room was on the 3rd floor with a balcony facing the water. Two queen sized beds and a sofa bed made for a very nice sized room. The room was just spotless and kept very clean throughout our stay.

We really enjoyed our balcony and they were nice enough to bring up two additional chairs as there were 4 of us. We watched the sun set every evening.

The breakfast was standard Hampton Inn and we would have appreciated some donuts and maybe a few more kinds of danish, but the breakfast area itself is beautiful. I have never seen a more lovely eating area at a Hampton with the big windows facing the water.

Top marks go to the front desk staff, especially Meagan, who went out of her way to tell me about restaurants and shops in the area. This staff just goes the extra mile to make sure you are happy with your stay.

This is an excellent Hampton and the nicest hotel we saw on the island.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ohiomomto3
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

I've stayed in this hotel twice. The first time was a nice non-smoking room. The second time however I got put in a smoking room and when I asked the hotel to move me, they said they couldn't because they were sold out. Also, they don't take your hotel preferences in account when they put you in a room. My hilton preferences are for non-smoking and yet I still got a smoking room. They also told me they put a air purifier in my room while I was out to dinner, but when I came back I heard maintenance talking about how they forgot to do it. And then I ended up getting sick by the end of this trip because of all the smoke I was inhaling during the night.

Nice hotel but miserable stay if you're in a smoking room.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business