Just came back from 3 nights. There wasn't anything terrible, but spending over $500 for 3 nights I expected 'above and beyond'. The room was A LITTLE oversized, not exactly what I'd call a suite, but it gave all 4 of us a place to sit and watch TV (couch, arm chair, and 2 side chairs). The views were nice, except for the duck feathers and poop and noise right off our 1st floor balcony---I'm all for wildlife, but not quite that close---sitting on the balcony was not terribly pleasant for that reason. The room was clean, but housekeeping didn't do a very good job of remaking beds after the 1st night----the sheets and mattress pad just got more and more uncomfortable, until by the 3rd night, none of us slept. It seemed that the spreads were just pulled up to make the beds look 'made', without tucking all the sheets back in smoothly again. They were quite generous with towels---we always had 6 bath towels for 4 people--very nice. Breakfast was good---same fare every morning, but a fair assortment for a continental breakfast. There was an in-room safe, but we were VERY surprised to pay a $1/day + tax charge (basically insurance) for its use----that was a new one on us. The location is convenient---several good restaurants within walking distance. Would we stay here again? We'd probably try the Hampton Inn next door, just because we find those to be more consistent, especially for the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of historic downtown Chincoteague, the Comfort Suites hotel offers the ideal way to enjoy all the beauty, history, recreation and adventure of Chincoteague Island. Whether its business or leisure that brings you to Virginia's only resort island, Comfort Suites lives up to it's name from the moment guests enter the lobby to be greeted by friendly, attentive staff. "Comfort" continues to be the operative word throughout the hotel, from the 87 oversized suites with waterfront views and spacious work and sitting areas, to on-site amenities that include a newly remodeled fitness center, indoor and outdoor pools, free continental breakfast and morning paper, guest laundry, fax & copy service, meeting facilities for 50 and free high speed internet service. Best of all, when it's time for fun, the options are endless on this small island. In town, there's great shopping, dining, galleries, boat rentals and fishing excursions. A visit to Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge on Assateague Island offers guests the oppertunity to catch a glimpse of some of the 260 species of birds as well as the wild Chincoteague ponies. Additionally, miles of biking and hiking trails wind through pine woods, marshes and freshwater ponds. Built in 1833, the Assateague lighthouse is a favorite attraction, as is the Assateague Island National Seashore, offering over 37 miles of unspoiled beachfront for swimming and water sports. Hotel guests also enjoy the NASA Visitor's Center as well as antique shopping, miniture golf and scenic day cruise excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Choice Hotels, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Agoda, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Comfort Suites Chincoteague reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Chincoteague Hotel Chincoteague Island
- Comfort Suites Chincoteague Island
- Chincoteague Island Comfort Suites