My husband and I were guests at the Comfort Suites hotel June 23-25 2006 in celebration of our 5th anniversary. Upon entering the hotel in the afternoon we immediately noticed the indoor marquee read, "Happy Anniversary Mr. & Mrs. _______". "Wow that's us!" The staff at the front desk were genuinely friendly without being overbearing.
Upon entering our room I did the clean inspection. Floors were immaculate... including corners. Champagne and chocolates awaited us. This was not requested, but a nice surpirse. Best of all the view out our 3rd floor balcony was just perfect. It included extensive wetlands, the pier with fishing boats, the duck pond, and the pool. We spent each morning eating breakfast on the balcony. Each evening we closed the day sipping wine and watching the boats return to port, and the ducklings nest in for the night. The hotel states that all rooms have a wetlands view.
The towels in the bathroom were plentiful, and of great quality. They were thick and large enough to wrap around this size 18 body. The toilet was very loud when flushed and the water pressure a little weak in the shower.
The bed was just ok. We are used to a high end mattress and we both woke up stiff in the mornings. We expected that and it did not stress us.
The furniture in the suite was clean. The love seat and couch free of stains; though not the most comfotable. But that also is to be expected.
The Continental Breakfast is served generously from 7a-11a. My husband always went down and got the food and brought it back to the room. From what I could see in walking by the dining area the food was assembled nicely and there were approximately 12 tables. The coffee was good with several types of flavored creamers available. The menu included waffles, sausage, pastries, bagels, toast, eggs, cereal and juices. Very nice and delicious.
The dining area was kept immaculate thoughout the day. Also there was always coffee, lemonade, and if you hit it just right, fresh cookies available.
There is an indoor pool and hot tub, and an outdoor pool. We only used the outdoor pool and found it to be well kept and clean. There were plenty of chaise's and two tables with umbrella's and chairs. One thing that should be added is an outdoor shower off place. Families would come to rinse off their sandy children and were disappointed in the lack of an outdoor shower.
There is a small exercise room with basic equipment, and a small business center with two computers.
One thing that stood out to us was the decor and the light in the hotel. Nearly all the artwork is original prints of Chincoteague ponies etc. There are artful realistic silk plant arrangements everywhere. And all the hallways have large windows which make it feel open, light, and airy.
The hotel is in walking distance to great shops, eateries, and the movie theater. The best ice cream on the island (The Island Creamery) is not within decent walking distance. Probably a good thing.
We had a fabulous romantic/relaxing stay. When we return we definitely stay at Comfort Suites.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of historic downtown Chincoteague, the Comfort Suites hotel offers the ideal way to enjoy all the beauty, history, recreation and adventure of Chincoteague Island. Whether its business or leisure that brings you to Virginia's only resort island, Comfort Suites lives up to it's name from the moment guests enter the lobby to be greeted by friendly, attentive staff. "Comfort" continues to be the operative word throughout the hotel, from the 87 oversized suites with waterfront views and spacious work and sitting areas, to on-site amenities that include a newly remodeled fitness center, indoor and outdoor pools, free continental breakfast and morning paper, guest laundry, fax & copy service, meeting facilities for 50 and free high speed internet service. Best of all, when it's time for fun, the options are endless on this small island. In town, there's great shopping, dining, galleries, boat rentals and fishing excursions. A visit to Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge on Assateague Island offers guests the oppertunity to catch a glimpse of some of the 260 species of birds as well as the wild Chincoteague ponies. Additionally, miles of biking and hiking trails wind through pine woods, marshes and freshwater ponds. Built in 1833, the Assateague lighthouse is a favorite attraction, as is the Assateague Island National Seashore, offering over 37 miles of unspoiled beachfront for swimming and water sports. Hotel guests also enjoy the NASA Visitor's Center as well as antique shopping, miniture golf and scenic day cruise excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Comfort Suites Chincoteague reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Chincoteague Hotel Chincoteague Island
- Comfort Suites Chincoteague Island
- Chincoteague Island Comfort Suites