Stayed here mid-April and loved it!!! Very friendly, helpful staff, nice lobby with great breakfast setup, coffee 24 hours, clean, pretty. Can't say enough! Room was spacious and nicely decorated, 2nd floor, beds were very comfortable, lovely view, and this was at a time when weather was pretty crappy. There is a nice indoor pool area, and the outdoor pool looks great for summer guests. They had a guest speaker one night that was interesting and fun. We were just staying for a short getaway, and I would definitely stay again. My only problem is that I am a smoker, and this is 100% non-smoking, even on balconies which I find a bit extreme, but it is what it is, and small area that is provided for smokers was not maintained as far as the garbage can was concerned. Other than that, I highly recommend this particular Comfort Suite, very, very happy there! We did want to try the Presidential Suite, but were told it was booked, though it looked like there were 3 of them, and they did not all seem filled, but we were quite happy with our room, a double queen, I believe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of historic downtown Chincoteague, the Comfort Suites hotel offers the ideal way to enjoy all the beauty, history, recreation and adventure of Chincoteague Island. Whether its business or leisure that brings you to Virginia's only resort island, Comfort Suites lives up to it's name from the moment guests enter the lobby to be greeted by friendly, attentive staff. "Comfort" continues to be the operative word throughout the hotel, from the 87 oversized suites with waterfront views and spacious work and sitting areas, to on-site amenities that include a newly remodeled fitness center, indoor and outdoor pools, free continental breakfast and morning paper, guest laundry, fax & copy service, meeting facilities for 50 and free high speed internet service. Best of all, when it's time for fun, the options are endless on this small island. In town, there's great shopping, dining, galleries, boat rentals and fishing excursions. A visit to Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge on Assateague Island offers guests the oppertunity to catch a glimpse of some of the 260 species of birds as well as the wild Chincoteague ponies. Additionally, miles of biking and hiking trails wind through pine woods, marshes and freshwater ponds. Built in 1833, the Assateague lighthouse is a favorite attraction, as is the Assateague Island National Seashore, offering over 37 miles of unspoiled beachfront for swimming and water sports. Hotel guests also enjoy the NASA Visitor's Center as well as antique shopping, miniture golf and scenic day cruise excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Suites Chincoteague reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Chincoteague Hotel Chincoteague Island
- Comfort Suites Chincoteague Island
- Chincoteague Island Comfort Suites