The Refuge Inn was recommended by my Mother and Father In Law. My first impression upon arrival was positive. Front desk person was helpful and pleasant. The layout of the inn was nice. I liked that they have the stairways and vending machines in a closed off portion between sections. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The decor was a nice mix of newer pieces with older sidepieces. The bathroom was surprisingly spacious and the bath/shower was very nice.
The king size bed was exceedingly comfortable. The pool and hot tub was nice as well. A heated indoor pool in October was a pleasant experience.
The only negative I could find was the continental breakfast. It was rather plain and bland. Other than that I would highly recommend the Refuge Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exceed your expectations in this family owned inn where no detail is overlooked. The Refuge Inn is located within walking distance of the wildlife refuge and minutes from our beautiful undeveloped beach. Amenities include Continental Breakfast, Wireless Internet, Indoor/Outdoor Heated Pool, Hot Tub, Fitness Room, Bicycle & Beach Gear Rentals, Conference Room and Gift Shop. A Treasure of a place, Family Owned and Proudly Operated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Refuge Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Refuge Hotel Chincoteague Island
- Refuge Chincoteague Island