The staff are all friendly, cheerful and helpful. There is lovely art work all over the place - not just a couple of pictures in the room, there's art in the hallways and the lobby and just about everywhere you look. Breakfast is served in the gift shop - much more entertaining (and relaxing) than the ubiquitous news programs in every other hotel breakfast room. It was good food too - THEY make the waffles, and they were quite tasty, as well as the scrambled eggs the next day. None of those flat, yellow discs called eggs; this was the real thing. This is the closest hotel to the refuge, a real benefit in my mind. And if all that, plus easy free parking, wifi, and nice large rooms isn't enough, there's a pony pen with genuine Chincoteague ponies waiting for you to offer them some nibbles (there's a dispenser right there for you to buy some). Delightful place; I want to go back and spend more time there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exceed your expectations in this family owned inn where no detail is overlooked. The Refuge Inn is located within walking distance of the wildlife refuge and minutes from our beautiful undeveloped beach. Amenities include Continental Breakfast, Wireless Internet, Indoor/Outdoor Heated Pool, Hot Tub, Fitness Room, Bicycle & Beach Gear Rentals, Conference Room and Gift Shop. A Treasure of a place, Family Owned and Proudly Operated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Refuge Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Refuge Hotel Chincoteague Island
- Refuge Chincoteague Island