The Refuge Inn is conveniently located on the main route to Assateague Island, close enough to be within walking distance or an easy bicycle ride there. It also is within easy walking distance to several of Chincoteague's decent restaurants. We had reserved a deluxe room for our September mini-vacation, but upon arrival, found that we had been upgraded to a suite. This included a furnished balcony where we could relax after dinner and enjoy the fresh air. The Inn also provided a free breakfast, which we found superior to most of the so-called 'Continental breakfasts' offered at chain motels/hotels. The suite was kept spotless and we found everything to our satisfaction. Had we stayed longer, we undoubtedly would have made better use of the suite's kitchen facilities. Should we visit Chincoteague again, the Refuge Inn would be our first choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exceed your expectations in this family owned inn where no detail is overlooked. The Refuge Inn is located within walking distance of the wildlife refuge and minutes from our beautiful undeveloped beach. Amenities include Continental Breakfast, Wireless Internet, Indoor/Outdoor Heated Pool, Hot Tub, Fitness Room, Bicycle & Beach Gear Rentals, Conference Room and Gift Shop. A Treasure of a place, Family Owned and Proudly Operated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Refuge Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Refuge Hotel Chincoteague Island
- Refuge Chincoteague Island