I stayed at the Refuge in July right after Pony swim week. I was a little leary of staying in an independant hotel as I work in the hotel industry and usually "mom & pops" are not too nice. I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel! The staff was great, my room was HUGE and although the furniture was little dated it was very very clean. It is odd for me to write a review and not complain about the hotel's cleanliness but this was one of the cleanest hotels that was not a 5 star property that I have ever been to. They also had a great continental breakfast and a very nice gift shop. I will more than likely stay here every time I am on the island!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exceed your expectations in this family owned inn where no detail is overlooked. The Refuge Inn is located within walking distance of the wildlife refuge and minutes from our beautiful undeveloped beach. Amenities include Continental Breakfast, Wireless Internet, Indoor/Outdoor Heated Pool, Hot Tub, Fitness Room, Bicycle & Beach Gear Rentals, Conference Room and Gift Shop. A Treasure of a place, Family Owned and Proudly Operated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotwire, Orbitz and getaroom.com so you can book your Refuge Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Refuge Hotel Chincoteague Island
- Refuge Chincoteague Island