Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Chincoteague Island
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
My Lighthouse Inn(Chincoteague Island)
View Hotel
Island Motor Inn Resort(Chincoteague Island)
Rodeway Inn(Chincoteague Island)
View Hotel
Sea Hawk Motel(Chincoteague Island)
  • Pool
Comfort Suites Chincoteague(Chincoteague Island)
Chincoteague Inn(Chincoteague Island)
View Hotel
Sea Shell Motel(Chincoteague Island)
Assateague Inn(Chincoteague Island)
View Hotel
All reviewsmobile homegrill areaice cream shopsplace to sleepmain streetbeds were comfortableeastern shorewould stay here againpony penninga wonderful stayramanmotelislandchincoteaguebridgeponies
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
Reading,PA
Reviewed June 18, 2006

We were on Chincoteague the week before Memorial Day, and decided to stay here. We were pleasantly surprised to find it was very quiet & the staff very helpful & friendly. At night when we turned off our lights to sleep, we were shocked to see all the stars appearing on our ceiling!! We had to stay awake until 2AM just to look at it. It was a pleasure to turn off the lights at night. As for our holiday itself, the pool was not open yet, but the beach is a short drive away, and was almost deserted, even though it was very warm & sunny. We saw the ponies by the road & visited the Pony Farm, lighthouse, and lovely gift shops. Restaurants were fabulous too!! Great goliday!!We will be back.

• Stayed: May 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 25, 2006

I stayed here about twenty-five years ago when the property was under a different name and ownership. I promised myself I would never return to it as I did not believe it had had any upgrades or modernizations since it had orgiginally opened. Little did I realize when I booked this weekend on Expedia this was the same place. I was pleasantly surprised. The staff I met was polite and helpful. The room was as advertised and clean. I had two full size beds in a nice size room with a shower/tub, small fridge, coffee maker and microwave oven. Linens and towels/washcloths (of which there were plenty) were clean and in good condition. As this was the early spring the pool was closed so I cannot comment on it. Come on folks, did you really expect a waterfront view for about $55.00 a night? Get real, this is a small island you're staying on. No matter where you are you are never far from a waterfront view. The next time I visit Chincoteague I will definetly stay at the Best Value Inn & Suites.

• Stayed: March 2006
5  Thank VIRGINIAUSA2000
A TripAdvisor Member
Dowagiac, Michigan
Reviewed October 19, 2005

Sorry to see the old owners sell this hotel.
The overall condition of this hotel has suffered since the change of ownership. The new management doesn’t seem too concerned about providing their guests with the same product as the previous owners have. It’s very sad to have your favorite vacation place deteriorate so quickly. We have since found a nice small hotel the Blue Heron Inn they seem to try hard to see that your experience is a positive one, the rooms are nothing fancy but are decent and they far make up for this with the personalized service given at the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 10, 2005

We booked our reservations online....

& Just returned from vacation, this hotel lied about the bed-size (we got 1 full sized bed not a queen-sized apparently the don't have ANY queen size beds there, although they insisted to me that what was in our room was queen, and it was NOT) charged my credit card for the full 2 days more than 36 hours before our check-in time (we're supposed to have had 24 hour cancellation time if needed- although looking at the site today it says 3 days notice thats not what our reservations said)

The air conditioner was extremely loud and didn't have much temp control (high & low) it blew directly onto the bed no matter how we angled the vents, and it was FREEZING cold, but if we turned it off the room smelled excessively musty. The room was so tiny there was barely enough space to walk around the bed or pull out the chairs to sit at the little table they call the 'extra dining area'. There was no mirror or sink in the actual bathroom, they were in the sleeping section only.

A good majority of the room amenities listed on their advertising were non-existent.

Was not happy at all with the front desk employee or the hotel- particularly after the desk clerk argued with me that they used Queen size sheets & thats how he knew what size the beds were (I looked, they were full-sized and I almost pulled them off the bed to show him & to prove my point, but didn't) I was surprised the maids envelope was even re-used (they couldn't afford to give her more than one envelope for tips??)

The location, however, was very nice - easy walking access to pretty much everything. Oh - and the sheets were clean & white, the pillows weren't half bad either. (see, I can say some nice things too!!)

I know this was only considered a 2 star hotel but in comparison I'd hate to see whats considered a 1 star!!

Would never recommend this place or go back.

• Stayed: September 2005
10  Thank Nancy G
Reviewed September 6, 2005

Over Labor Day weekend, my boyfriend and I stayed at Best Value Inn for three nights.

The room we had was old, but spotless. There was absolutely nothing to complain about in the room; it just wasn't particularly pretty, or anything special. The bathroom didn't look old or grubby; the sheets were worn but very clean; the carpet did not have any noticeable stains, and there were no quirks with the way anything worked. Comfy mattress. Thoroughly acceptable.

It's the small bonuses to this hotel that made it an above average experience for us:

First of all, we did not eat out even once the four days we were there, thanks to the mini fridge, the microwave, and the grills on the hotel property. We made a lot of sandwiches and cooked out every day. The grills are gas grills and work like a charm. The grills are on a patio adjoining the pool; the patio has picnic tables and outdoor tables with umbrellas. If you grill at night, the hotel management comes around and lights the big tiki torches that surround the patio, and it actually creates an ambience. Also, we met a lot of the other hotel guests this way.

The pool looks very small when you pull up. But once in it, it doesn't seem too small at all. First of all, it's a very small hotel, and with the ocean nearby, the pool was rarely crowded. Often we were the only people in it. It was spotlessly clean and not too chlorine-y. The pool is good for kids because it only goes about 5 feet deep.

Two of the nights we were there (I don't know about the third) the management played movies in the pool on a big screen, like a Pool-In. The movies were not small children-friendly, which made sense because they didn't start until 9/10 pm. I think they were PG-13 . . .

Also, the location is great. It is not a beachfront property, but nothing is since there are no hotels actually on Assateague. The good thing is that we had a one-block walk for morning coffee at the Mainstreet Coffehouse, a one block walk to ice cream, and a two block walk to some restaurants. You can pretty much walk to anything but the beach.

The only bad things were: the management was not overly friendly or helpful, though they were polite. We requested a smoking room and got non instead, and were told that we had requested non-smoking (we didn't.) They couldn't switch us to a smoking room. Also, the towels are really small. I'm small and they could barely dry me and cover me. Bring your own towels for showering.

A tip: bring your own food and with the money you save (it's a lot! We brought $50 of groceries for two people for 3 1/2 days and it was more than enough) RENT A MOPED. We had a convertible and we still rented a moped. So much fun.

Overall: Strongly Recommend, if you're not expecting a Five Star hotel.

• Stayed: September 2005