Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Chincoteague Island
Stillwater, Pennsylvania
“Convenient”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

The room was lovely and the bed was comfortable. It is just a short drive from the beach. Definitely the atmosphere I expected coming to a hotel on an island. My only complaint is that though we called ahead and said we would be arriving just before close (we were driving from North Carolina and things weren't working well for us), there was nobody at the front desk. Eventually I had to yell down the hallway because they didn't hear the bell at the counter over their movie. The man was very nice and I would definitely come again. It is a great quality for the price.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This place is conveniently located in Chincoteague only a short drive from the main attractions including the beach. The room, actually 2 bedrooms and a small living with a kitchen was basic but clean and comfortable. The bathroom was also fine. The swimmingpool is a nice plus. Definitly a good quality - price place.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank zevadrouilleur
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

The staff was great and the location is perfect, your only a short walk away from the island creamery and Mr. Whippys. The staff was very nice and the value was very good too. The rooms were a typical Hotel room- nothing special, but the stay was great.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank juan c
Scottsville, Virginia, United States
Reviewed April 27, 2014

This is not the Hilton, it is a great little hotel with everything you need for a great price.
Perfect location, easy walk downtown, Front desk manager is a super nice guy.
Very cute little ducks wandering around the property.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Scott W
abvichincoteague, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Chincoteague Island, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Scott W,

I appreciate the fact that you took time to write a review with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our clean rooms. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you again in the Regards,
Opelika, Alabama
Reviewed February 5, 2014

When your humble reviewer, Mr. Flex Musclechest is ready to check out of this lifetime, he hopes to do so on Chincoteague Island. In the meantime, I will probably stay here. I will admit I had my doubts at the outset, but Mrs. M insisted we were not likely to do any better with no reservations, and probably slightly worse.

It's an older place for sure, but the landscaping is pleasant, and the gravel parking area sort of gives it a beach-y feel. The room was clean, everything worked as it should, and it was fairly quiet. The room itself does have a bit of a sardine can vibe, with all the furniture kind of mooshed in together.

The management appears to live on site and he runs a somewhat tight ship. It's about as centrally located as you're going to get and you can't beat having your car directly outside your room. It ain't the Ritz, but it works.

Room Tip: They're all about the same, I think. The far end is close to the trash and vending machines.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Flex M
Dear Flex M,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay in February. I am pleased that you choose to stay with us. Our rooms are perfect for travelers of all sorts. As we are located near the peer, we do have a lot of fisherman who enjoy our rooms. We hope that you stay with us again sometime!

Chester, Virginia
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Just returned from our trip to Chincoteague. My wife and I had talked about it for years and now was the time. I had looked at advertisements for all the different inns, motels and individual houses for rent in Chincoteague but did not make any reservations because nothing looked that good for the prices being quoted.

Thankfully, coming over the bridge into Chincoteague I saw the sign for Americas Best Value Inn & Suites and pulled in. The manager was wonderful. He allowed us to look at the room before making a commitment. My wife and I being "cleaners" we pulled back the covers and sheets to lift up the mattress and check not only the seams for any signs of bugs but checked behind the headboard also. I smelled the sheets and could tell that they were bleached when they were washed. We always bring our own sheets when we travel but found no need to use them. Also we bring our own cleaning materials because we prefer certain ones. Did we find any dirt? Youbetterbelieveit; but our room at ABVI was far cleaner than most of the beach front condos we have rented in Florida.

We simply wanted some place to lay our heads after spending the waking hours viewing and taking pictures of Chincoteague. We got more than that with the hot coffee and doughnuts in the morning. The manager was always friendly and easy to talk to. And the price was better than I expected. Overall, I give the ABVI a great rating as it was comfortable for what we paid. My wife is always particular about where she stays but she enjoyed it as much as I did. She even said that she wouldn't mind staying there when we come back. I like that--it doesn't hurt my wallet.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Charles C,

On behalf of the management, I would like to thank you for posting a traveler review. We take great pride in our facilities. It is our goal to ensure that each guest has a memorable experience while visiting the Island. Come back and see us again!

Big Pool, Maryland
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Spent our short (3 night) honeymoon over Labor Day weekend here. The bed was king-sized ditch, there was dried dog poop on the carpet, cobwebs in the window and the bathroom. No breakfast/coffee until after 8 am, donuts were stale and mushy. I thought that $100 a night was twice what we should have paid even for a holiday weekend! A/C was very loud, close to the bed and rather inefficient.
On the plus side, the pool was very clean and maintained as were the grounds and the personnel were polite. The daily morning visits by the local ducks were fun - and they liked the stale donuts!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear SueB2013,

I appreciate the fact that you took time to share a review with us. I am concerned about the issues you experienced during your stay. Please know that we have recently added a few items to our breakfast to include waffles, bagels, muffins, donuts, coffee, apple, and orange juice. We do our best to make sure that each of our guests have an enjoyable experience with us. I am sorry that we could not meet your expectations.

Travelers are raving about these Chincoteague Island hotels