Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Chincoteague Island
Comfort Suites Chincoteague(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
$149
$127
ComfortSuites
Rodeway Inn(Chincoteague Island)
$102
RodewayInn
Best Western Chincoteague Island(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
$130
BestWestern.com
Waterside Inn(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
$111
$178
Hotels.com
Refuge Inn(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
$116
$169
Chincoteague Inn(Chincoteague Island)
$71
TripAdvisor
Anchor Inn(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
$107
TripAdvisor
Days Inn Chincoteague Island(Chincoteague Island)
$93
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmobile homegrill areaice cream shopsplace to sleepmain streetbeds were comfortableeastern shorewould stay here againpony penninga wonderful stayramanmotelislandchincoteaguebridgeponies
Reviewed August 10, 2011

the carpet looked very dirty, the furnishings are very dated as well as the curtains..etc. rooms are very small. The place needs to upgrade the tv, beds are kinda worn out. property looks ok from the street, however inside is very misleading.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank c2it03
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We stayed at this so called "hotel" over 07/31/2011 weekend. What we failed to understand was how could anyone call this place anything but a dump. Your interpretation of cleanliness may differ from ours, but stained carpets, moldy smell, someone's hair everywhere including towels, bathrooms, bedding, never washed comforters and blankets, never cleaned surfaces, and overall impression of unkept place had overwhelmed our senses. Add to that a complete absense of any service, stale looking food which they call "breakfast" we did not touch, loud air conditioner, stone pillows, etc.. Worst part: they charged us $145 to stay in this place. Perhaps the price we paid is our own failure to negotiate. Never again. Pay a little more and stay at Best Western.

• Stayed: July 2011
6  Thank GregTheBMWTraveller
abvichincoteague, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Chincoteague Island, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

Dear GregtheBMWTraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review with us. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Our rooms were updated with new night stands, headboards, armoirs, painting, mattresses, drapes, and bed frames. All claims will be further investigated and the appropriate action taken. However, many of the reviews on Tripadvisor even mention our clean rooms. Please give us another opportunity to serve you again.

Regards,
Raman-GM
Americas Best Value Inn- Chincoteague Island,VA

Reviewed June 13, 2011

The guy at check in was very friendly and accommodating. The room was more clean than I expected. Fridge was not plugged in so it did take over night to reach proper temp. Continental breakfast was small chocolate muffins, small waffles that were already made and huge bagels. We kept the do not disturb sign on the door so I can't rate housekeeping

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2011

My wife and I used to stay here at least twice a year, to vist relatives. Date is not accurate, but My wife and I believe the Motel staff went through our things and took controlled substance medications. It used to be a great place, but fool me once...

Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
7  Thank travlr1960

Dear Travlr1960,

Thank you for sharing your opinion with us. I am sorry to hear about this incident from 2010. We take great pride in exceeding guest expectations. To my knowledge, we have never had a theft issue at this property. In the future, I would recommend safeguarding any valuables to prevent this from happening again.

Regards,
Raman-GM
Americas Best Value Inn- Chincoteague Island, VA

Reviewed April 16, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed for a night at this place based on these advertised facts: "continental breakfast, Jacuzzi, king bed".

The Jacuzzi was fantastic - jets, large enough for two people, and very relaxing.

The King bed was nice, but the mattress was painful - very stiff and rigid. When I woke up, my back hurt. Also, it looked like there was some kind of blood or stain on my pillow :-/

The continental breakfast - or what I like to call, the continental NOTHING! I talked with the owner, Raman, about this and he said he won't start doing it until Easter weekend (we stayed the weekend before Easter). He said the costs are too high because not enough people are staying here at this time. Understandable, but not advertised or communicated to us in any way.

Overall, I am pretty disappointed with the place. I don't like false advertisement - if you're going to promise something, make sure you go all the way through with it.

Room Tip: Always question accomodations!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple