“A yummy treat”

Sugarbakers
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed December 4, 2011

Nice, fresh, sugary treats made on site. The bagels were good and the glazed donuts were the best.

Reviewed September 27, 2011

First, the donuts are GREAT. Just a great way to start the day. The rest of the Sugarbakers experience is pure small town - short hours (off-peak they are only open three days a week), colorful staff, etc. During the time I was there the espresso machine was broken so all they offered was coffee, of which ordering turned into more of an adventure than I am used to, coming from an area with a Starbucks on every corner. Still, I do enjoy my morning constitutionals with my Sugarbakers donuts.

1  Thank swatram
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I had read such great reviews of Sugarbakers that we had to try it. We were very disapointed. Maybe things just aren't as good in the off season.. Their donuts were not good at all- tasted like what you could buy at Fresh Pride that had been sitting all day. Didn't have a chance to try their lunches (sandwiches sounded good) because they were closed most days before lunch.

1  Thank lexi30
Reviewed August 18, 2011

We ordered the "box" lunches on our last day of vacation. A "box lunch" consists of a bottle of water, a delectable cookie or doughnut so fresh that it melts in your mouth, and a sandwich that's fresh, tasty, and filling. I am difficult to impress when it comes to a cold sandwich, and I was super satisfied! The box lunches are ideal for taking to the beach or backto your hotel room. Sugarbakers was a pleasant surprise to find on such a small island.

Reviewed August 14, 2011

Have been going to the island for years and never stopped at Sugarbakers. This time I did. Very very very good - had the tuna salad on croissant with potato salad. Finally! Someone who gets the consistency of a good potato salad right! It was the closest thing to my homemade I have ever found. The sandwich was great too. Shared with a friend since the sandwich is so large. Would definitely go back for the food - hands down. But not for any other reason. Downfall is sparse seating. They should add more - it might help sales a bit.