“Love the Octapus's Garden”

Mr. Baldy's Family Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
“Love the Octapus's Garden”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Cute place, loved the mural and kid's artwork! We had two meals here during our stay on the island. Lunch was pleasant and very reasonably priced. Our oyster sandwich was well prepared. We returned for breakfast, service was a bit slow (not the server's fault!) perhaps they needed one more server on the floor to handle as two large groups were seated which made it a bit noisy since the walls in the dining room are cinderblock.

Visited August 2012

“Bad ownership”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

While eating there today i had an overall great experience. The waitress was very friendly and nice and provided wonderful service to our table of four. as i went to thr bathroom i heard a gentlemen in the kitchen area yelling and screaming at two waitresses. i find it myself very disturbing and inappropriate to raise a voice and yell at staff member. i asked our waitress about it and she said she only worked three days a week and this morning he was a jerk to everyone. when on vacation you want a friendly atmosphere to eat at not somewhere that you hear yelling at the food was okay but seemed a little old

Pennsville, New Jersey
“definately a craver!”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Went to baldy's with my husband and my parents. They just relocated to the island. We stopped at a few restaurants during our stay and all were lovely but Mr. baldy's caught the attention of our taste buds. it was slow but we came around 4 so no big deal. The waitress recommended the reuben. best reuben i have ever had! My husband got prime rib. Cooked just right and the portions were nice aswell plus you get sides. We shared a bowl of the crab soup and ended up coming back the day we left to order some pints of it to take home with us! Can't wait to visit my parents again and to come to mr. baldy's.

Cambridge, Maryland
“Canned vegetables in August?”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We were looking for a new place to eat on the island, so we wound up here. We won't wind up here ever again. The meatloaf was overly processed and the vegetables were canned. In the middle of fresh produce season. My son's BLT had hot house tomatoes on it, while plenty of fresh local tomatoes are readily available.
Service was okay, atmosphere mediocre. Food was awful.

Fort Washington, PA
“Good Lunch”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Not spectacular atmosphere or food but a solid lunch place. My husband ordered the pulled pork sandwich and he wasn't thrilled. I ordered the Reuben and it was delicious. (on that sandwich, I'd rate five stars!)

Small place, little run down, staff was neither friendly nor rude but got the job done. I'd go again for lunch.