“TWO GOOD MEALS”

The Crab Shack
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner
Description: Seafood restaurant featuring a variety of seafood baskets, complete with fries and slaw, steamed crabs and shrimp, kids menu, and outdoor seating. Come in and try our signature dishes and our amazing burgers. There is something for everyone.
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We enjoyed lunch and dinner at this family friendly restaurant. The fried cod and the crab soup for lunch were both outstanding (much better than The Village Restaurant at half the cost). We hesitated to go in because the restaurant looks quite informal but well worth it for a good meal. We returned for dinner for steamed crabs. Although they advertised the size to be medium to large and they were really small to medium--they were fresh and definitely worth the price of $31 a dozen. The people are friendly and welcoming.

Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

We made a reservation here on a whim and it turned out to be quite a pleasant surprise! Not only was the food delicious, it was prepared in a timely fashion and moderately priced. The service was friendly and accommodating; we asked to split the check NINE ways and our waitress, Renee, assured us with a smile that it was no problem at all. We will definitely be coming back!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

My husband and I had lunch here today. We had hoped to order hard shell steamed crabs and they were out of them. I ordered the crab cake and potato skins with crab, shrimp and scallops. My food was marginal at best. The crab cake was OK (mostly filler) and the potato skins were filled w a rich crab, scallop and shrimp dip. It was not what I was expecting. My husband said that the soft shells were good. Service was excellent.

1  Thank Oriolezgurl
Jessica B, Guest Relations Manager at The Crab Shack, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2014

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review about "The Crab Shack".
I am so sorry for the horrible time you had incountered with us.
I am sorry we didn't have any hard shell blue crabs when you came in to eat with us. I am glad that we could get you and your husband something else to enjoy. When it comes to the crab cakes, we do not use any filler in making those at all. We refuse to use any filler in our crab items. I am very happy to hear that your service was excellent though.
Thank you again for taking time to write a review about your experience.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

My husband and I have been going to Chincoteague for years. I wanted to try a place we had never eaten before. This place was not crowded, it's not fancy, but the food was good. We had the fried shrimp and the sweet potato fries. My husband substituted corn for coleslaw and didn't realize until much later that they charged a fair amount for that change.

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Our family had lunch here today, we ordered the crap dip appetizer (amazing!) and a few lunch platters. Everything was great but the hush puppies were FANTASTIC!!