“Great place to sit outside but food is just average...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Crab Shack

The Crab Shack
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Seafood restaurant featuring a variety of seafood baskets, complete with fries and slaw, steamed crabs and shrimp, kids menu, and outdoor seating. Come in and try our signature dishes and our amazing burgers. There is something for everyone.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Great place to sit outside but food is just average...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

My family ate here last weekend and was happy to sit outside on the deck since it was a beautiful evening. We got the steamed shrimp as an app and they were very good. However my crab cake sandwich was average, as well as my husband's shrimp basket. For the price, I expected a little more....

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Autumn L

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Ithaca, NY
“Good food, good service!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

Apparently under new ownership and new management, overheard that at another table. We had a decent lunch. Seafood skins appetizer was yummy and unusual! Baskets have more than enough food and the staff was new but good. Definitely would eat here again!

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank lethargo
“New Management - Great Job!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

We went for a mid-week dinner and were happy to find the restaurant has been spruced up and the food was wonderful. We had steamed shrimp - cooked perfectly. The sides were also delicious and the little basket of hush puppies was so good that we took our leftovers home for breakfast the next morning. The dining room was bustling, and we couldn't help but notice that the woman at the table next to ours had steamed clams, follows by a platter of crabs, and then 2 more orders of clams! She was dining alone, and told us they were just so good that she kept ordering more. So happy the Crab Shack is now being run by someone who loves food and knows how to cook it!

Greensburg, Pennsylvania
“alot of food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2011

I do have to say you get alot of food for the price, I had the seafood platter, it was good, and I recommend it. My husband and I shared it and we were both full. I don't recommend however the clams casino, too salty and undercooked. I also don't understand hy there is only a one person ladies restroom. The women were waiting in line. I would think a big restaurant would have more than one toilet?

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank mommy2bb
Spotswood, New Jersey
“Good Food, Good Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2011

I am glad that I didn't read these reviews before leaving for Chincoteague. We were only there for three days, so we didn't eat at a lot of places, but this was by far the best food we had. I had the clam strips, which came with coleslaw, fries and hush puppies. It was probably one of the best clam strip dishes I have had in a long time. My husband had the stuffed shrimp, which he enjoyed, and while the corn on the cob is not Jersey corn, he said it was good. As far as the service, we were trying to decide on which beer to order for our bucket of beer, the waitress said that she could split it up, so we both got the beer we enjoy. I would go back there any day.

Visited September 2011