“Kitschy and Tasty”

Woody's Beach BBQ and Eatery
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Westchester, NY
“Kitschy and Tasty”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

The decor is kitschy with the whole beach theme, but it does create a fun atmosphere. I haven't tried the Eatery, but I never miss a chance to eat at the BBQ side. The pulled pork is my favorite. I love the sandwich with the onion rings on top, but I also like to get a platter. Cole slaw, applesauce and beans are all good sides. The ribs are decent, but over-sauced. Do not miss the corn nuggets!

I wouldn't mind some actual seating or maybe delivery. Too many good takeout places on Chincoteague have such limited seating!

• Visited July 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Island Favorite!!!!!”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

We go to Woody's every single time we come to Chincoteague, which is often. WE LOVE THIS PLACE. This last time we came with a group of 8 so we waited a little while for the food but it was so worth it. I loved every single bite. We order some of the appetizers so of course I was not able to finish the actually pulled pork sandwich but I swear it tasted ever better the next day cold while I was sitting on the beach. My twin sister doesn't like pulled pork so she went to the other side to get chicken. That was equally as good. She loves honey mustard chicken sandwiches so she was in heaven. I seriously love this place and will continue to come here every time I am visiting. Just an FYI for any future travelers, Woody's is now accepting credit cards.

• Visited July 2014
central Ohio
“Great food, fun atmosphere = vacation highlight.”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

We enjoyed the experience so much, we went back the next day! The pulled pork is so tender, and red sauce is sweet, tangy and perfect. Our 13 yr old enjoyed it too, and he doesn't very often, get excited about food and hanging out with parents.
Adirondack chairs, hammocks, surfboards etc. relax and enjoy some great food!
We loved the picnic/beach party atmosphere! The owner happened to walk by, and asked how we were doing. We started chatting and he sat down on our table (it's a low platform, relaxed kinda thing) and we had a delightful conversation. He truly cares about his employees and customers. Little things sometimes make a vacation so memorable, and Woody's BBQ was definitely a highlight of our trip! Would love to visit again!

• Visited June 2014
New York
“Great fish tacos”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

My family stopped at Woody’s for lunch on our way to the beach. It is an outdoor spot and reminded me of a Margarittaville restaurant. It was very casual. I had the fish tacos, corn nuggets, sweet potato fries and freshly squeezed strawberry lemonade. Everything was delicious. I read a previous email about the seagulls and they weren't kidding! Don't leave your food unattended or they will snatch it from you! At one point we were surrounded. It was quite comical. Go for the food but just be aware.

Visited August 2014
Wayne, New Jersey
“"worth the wait"”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

This place was recommended to us by another traveler. We had seen it, but because it wasn't an actual building (the food is ordered at trailers), wasn't sure how it would be. So glad we decided to take a chance. The atmosphere was colorful, relaxing & fun. The BBQ was amazing. Long wait, but sooo worth it! Met another traveler who lives an hour away who confirmed...best lunch in town!!

Visited July 2014