“Worth the wait for the Pork Sandwich!”

Woody's Beach BBQ and Eatery
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We waited about 30 minutes total including the line on a Friday evening. The BBQ half chicken was dry, do not recommend, but the Carolina Pork Sandwich with slaw was Amazing! Fun atmosphere with games to play while you wait for your food.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

My husband and I took a trip to Chincoteague for our wedding anniversary over the July 4th weekend. During our last trip to the island two years prior, we had discovered Woody's on the last day of our trip. We lamented not being able to pack more of the smoked deliciousness before we returned to NYC. Over the years that followed, every time we had BBQ we used the memory of Woody's to measure the quality of the food... and nothing measured up! Needless to say, during the trip this year we stopped by EVERY day!

Our recommendations:

The Memphis -- to die for pulled pork sandwich with tangy red sauce and coleslaw. Be still my beating heart...

The Big Hot Woody -- I know. The name will make you blush, and the subtle heat in this spicy sandwich will set you on fire. In a good way.

Banana pudding -- bananas in dessert is so not my thing, yet this? Delish.

Overall -- the service is fantastic, and the food is tasty, affordable, and a steal. Check them out, you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank isabelcarter
Reviewed July 27, 2014

.........AND ITS A FAST FOOD RESTAURANT!!!!!!!!!

This was my first trip to Chincoteague Island and my friends have raved about Woody's forever.
So I stopped in during lunch and it was worth the time!!! First, I love that it is located right on the round-a-bout for ease of getting in and out of the main route (Maddox Blvd). The place itself is divided into 2 food trailers, one is barbecue and the other is chicken, seafood sandwiches and salads (check out their menu for a full breakdown).

Since I came for the BBQ that my friends have being raving about I had the CLASSIC PORK sandwich which was awesome!!!! What put it over the top was the DEEP FRIED GREEN BEANS. All of their sandwiches were enough for two people and their BBQ Sauce is one of the best this side of the Mississippi!!!! The Deep Fried Green Beans were a cup full of goodness!!!! I cant wait to come back and try a different dish!!!

One of the cool things about Woody's is the little things spread out and around the trailers, they have hammocks, stand up tables, sit down tables, a huge tic tac toe board, croquet, corn hole, horse shoes, and a few other things to keep you and your family busy. Its a great atmosphere for all who come.

If you and your family are going to Chincoteague Island, take the time and stop by Woody's, you will not be disappointed and will definitely leave with a full stomach and smile of your face!!!!

1  Thank The_Walking_Dead_1
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

This is a really cool looking joint with very mediocre food. We first visited Woody's two years ago and loved it and I couldn't wait to go back. But this time we were very underwhelmed with the food. My pork sandwich was very dry and tasteless, and my wife's chicken sandwich was nothing special either. They have some very neat looking, retro coolers outside with bottled drinks in them. A great concept, but instead of having the drinks on ice, they're in what appears to be stagnant water. The emphasis here is clearly on the decor, not the food. Very disappointed after looking forward to this place for 2 years.

3  Thank Titus T
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Every summer we look forward to Woody's barbeque. The sandwiches are huge and very filling.
Cute take out place. They do have a few tables and you can enjoy your food there. There are outdoor game and hammocks to use while you are waiting for your food. Check your food order before they go; they will at times, get your order wrong.