“Decent food and a wonderful view”

Etta's Channel Side Restaurant
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 17, 2010

We wanted a nice view on our last dinner out in Chincoteague, and Etta's is the winner, hands down. The food was good - crab cakes and the fish special - my husband particularly like the hush puppies. They were out of the dessert we ordered so the waitress brought a complimentary substitution. Go early for a seat immediately at the window, but the other seats still have a water view. Our entrees were around $20 - a fair price for fresh seafood, two sides, and the starter hush puppies and biscuit.

Reviewed May 3, 2010

Etta's simply has the best food and service on the Island. We have tried all the better places and for dinner, its Etta's number one,Bill's number two and downhill from there. Breakfast and lunch, so to Mr. Baldy's!

Reviewed October 27, 2009

My wife and I arrived at 6:30pm on a Saturday (10/24) and were quickly seated next to a window with a very nice bay view. Our waiter was prompt and courteous, but not very friendly. Usually I get the initial friendly conversation concerning the weather, were we are staying and some of the local sights, but not this time. This waiter went right to business without a review of the specials or favorites. I did notice that the waitresses were a bit more entertaining, though not sure if it was because the patrons were locals. The food was served in a reasonable amount of time. The portions and quality were just ok. The location was sort-of out of the way, which isn’t saying much because Chincoteague is a small island. The view is one of the better one’s for all of the restaurants on the island, but note that when the Sun sets, the bay view disappears into darkness, so go early. Overall I wasn’t disappointed, and I would certainly try this location once more. Note that Etta’s closes at the end of October, reopening in early spring.

1  Thank jrzj42
Reviewed September 20, 2009

We had a reservation for about 25 people - made over a month in advance. They stuck us on the deck - pretty, but it was chilly enough we needed our jackets on - and brought cutlery (to most of us) and the menus - even drinks (mostly cokes and iced tea) arrived promptly. Eventually starters and salads showed up (about an hour after ordering). After 2 hours, we still hadn't seen our dinners. Finally we got up and left - and the woman on the cash register made sure to charge us for the salads! The attitude was "Oh, well, too bad". Recommend to a friend? I wouldn't even recommend it to an enemy!

1  Thank low_ridin_lady
Reviewed August 16, 2009

We just had lunch at Etta's; it's not great. The table we sat at felt "sticky" and i detected the smell of urine. We ordered soda's and the waitress brought us a glass of ice and a warm can of soda. The salads were room temperature, not chilled. I had the fried seafood platter and shared it with my daughter (they charge $2.50 for sharing). The portions were small and the food was just average. They are not on the same caliber as Bill's Seafood, which is the best place in Chincoteague to eat. Made a mistake by not going there today!!