“Eat at Etta's”

Etta's Channel Side Restaurant
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2009

Etta's was recommened by our some of the staff members at our hotel - others said the portions were too small. We were quite satisfied by the portion size. I ordered the shrimp and my husband had the seafood platter and we both left happy. We attempted to order an appetizer but our server forgot to put the order in so we just asked for extra hushpuppies and bread instead. This is not inexpensive dining but it is in line with what we expect from most sit-down seafood establishments. The view alone is enough of a reason to go. We didn't get a chance to sit on the patio because a storm was coming in but it was still nice to sit there and watch the water. I would choose this restaurant over AJ's hands down.

There are newer reviews for Etta's Channel Side Restaurant

Reviewed August 3, 2009

As several Chincoteague reviewers have noted, hardly anyone goes to Chincoteague for the culinary experience, but that does not mean you can' t have a very enjoyable dining evening. My wife and I had just such an evening at Etta's. This family-run restaurant serves good seafood (I had the oysters, my wife the crab cakes; mine was good, hers outstanding), accompanied by acceptable side dishes. We were fortunate to be there on a near perfect summer evening, and sat in the screen-enclosed open-air patio overlooking the inlet. A great place to sit, relax, enjoy a leisurely meal, sip a glass of wine...or two. Etta's is a place with easy country hospitality. From the lovely grandmotherly type who met us as we entered to our server, the staff was great. If you remember where you are, you, too, can have a memorable evening, as we did.

Reviewed August 3, 2009

We had delicious crab cakes, not a lot of filler, but a lot of crab. Good service. We dined inside, and it had rained hard the night before, the mosquitos were vicious inside the restaurant. The waiter did comment that it was very unusual. There's not many good restaurants on Chincoteague, but I would give this one a try, its casual and worth checking out.

Reviewed June 7, 2009

We had a bit of trouble finding Etta's, but I'm glad we did! You get a pretty good amount of food for your money. Each entree comes with two sides. I had the fries (nothing special) and the salad (not exactly the freshest but still good.) Each person also gets a roll and butter and two hush puppies. And those hush puppies are delicious! For an entree I had the "Best of the Sea" special which was a crab cake, crab imperial, and a shrimp cake (crab cake with shrimp mixed in.) All three were great with our without sauce and lemon. As for the price of our meal, 2 entrees, a soup, and 2 beers came to about 56 dollars. So it's not super cheap, but I think that it is very reasonable. The view of the channel is also a plus. I would definitely go back again!

1  Thank clm1113
Reviewed April 13, 2009

The crab cakes were full of meat. The wine is so reasonable. The service was very relaxed and I would eat there again if I came back. Good value.