“Great Crabcakes!”

Etta's Channel Side Restaurant
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 7, 2009

We had a bit of trouble finding Etta's, but I'm glad we did! You get a pretty good amount of food for your money. Each entree comes with two sides. I had the fries (nothing special) and the salad (not exactly the freshest but still good.) Each person also gets a roll and butter and two hush puppies. And those hush puppies are delicious! For an entree I had the "Best of the Sea" special which was a crab cake, crab imperial, and a shrimp cake (crab cake with shrimp mixed in.) All three were great with our without sauce and lemon. As for the price of our meal, 2 entrees, a soup, and 2 beers came to about 56 dollars. So it's not super cheap, but I think that it is very reasonable. The view of the channel is also a plus. I would definitely go back again!

1  Thank clm1113

Reviewed April 13, 2009

The crab cakes were full of meat. The wine is so reasonable. The service was very relaxed and I would eat there again if I came back. Good value.

Reviewed February 18, 2009

Food was average for a 'down-home ' type of place, mostly fried stuff .Menu was bland w/ few options in style of food or drink.
Service was lazy and perfunctory.Waiter brought our check and never asked if we wanted desert or coffee.
The only reason to go there might be for lunch ,because it's right on the channel and you have a nice view ,but certainly not for the food or the service.
No reason to go back ,there are much better options on the Island.

Reviewed January 14, 2009

I have been to 90% of the restaurants on Chincoteague Island as I have summered on the Island for the past 8 years. Etta's Channelside Restaurant certainly has the best food. Prices are in line with competitors. The crab cakes is the restaurant specialty. If seafood is not your thing, pasta dishes and steaks are also prepared to perfection.

The atmosphere is brilliant. Etta's quietly sets along the Assateague Channel. Throughout the evening boats, birds, and sometimes dolphins can be seen enjoying the water. The side of the restaurant facing the water is all glass to make for great viewing. I would recomend making a reservation for a waterfront table as they may be hard to come by on a Friday or Saturday.

Etta's is my favorite restaurant in Chincoteague!

1  Thank K_Claude
Reviewed March 8, 2007

Please do not leave Chincoteague until you have had dinner at Etta's Restaurant on Eastside Dr.! The decor may not be fancy but the food is dependably well prepared, the waitstaff is consistently friendly, and they are tolerant of (even welcoming towards) young children. Be
sure to order the crab cakes and you will not be disappointed as they
as some of the best on the island!

1  Thank passionatetraveler06